SAU Community

Calder Drags - Last Night 9th July

meshmesh

Had great night last night, took the GTR, E55 & our mate brought his 2003 M3.. and I finally got a clean pass with the GTR "not a good one" but we were still happy. The E55 was the biggest suprise, we thought high 12's low 13's and on its first run with ESP on did a 12.56 (on Comfort Setting =Soft Suspension), the best was a 12.4 @115MPH (on Super Sports Setting =Hard Suspension??go figure), The M3 "Manual" did 1 run at 13.34 @104MPH. The best time we got with the GTR was a flat 12, but shifted into 4th way way way to early (5grand) and had a 118MPH, with a high 1.9sec 60ft.

It was obvious traction played a big problem, for the GTR, with launches varying between 5000-6500rpm. But what was apparantley impressive to others were our first 2 runs. Our first 2 runs were a 12.2 & 12.3, with 60ft's in the 2.1's, but our MPH were around the 122's~. A few people we spoke to were saying with MPH like that the car is capable of an easy low 11, some were saying Hi 10??? WTF??? Trying to be a little realistic, we though at least a high 11, maybe mid 11.. I'm hoping someone can explain alittle further on the "MPH" figure.

Also, it was Nice to me Ulyisis :D.

Nice times Simon.. the E55 must go hard :D

the MPH figure is your trap speed which some people use to estimate what your car's HP / torque output is. Depending on a number of factors like gearing, tyre diameter, etc. it is possible to calculate an estimated quarter mile time based on your trap speed (MPH) and HP output and power/weight ratio.

:D

Had great night last night, took the GTR, E55 & our mate brought his 2003 M3.. and I finally got a clean pass with the GTR "not a good one" but we were still happy. The E55 was the biggest  suprise, we thought high 12's low 13's and on its first run with ESP on did a 12.56 (on Comfort Setting =Soft Suspension), the best was a 12.4 @115MPH (on Super Sports Setting =Hard Suspension??go figure), The M3 "Manual" did 1 run at 13.34 @104MPH. The best time we got with the GTR was a flat 12, but shifted into 4th way way way to early (5grand) and had a 118MPH, with a high 1.9sec 60ft.

It was obvious traction played a big problem, for the GTR, with launches varying between 5000-6500rpm. But what was apparantley impressive to others were our first 2 runs. Our first 2 runs were a 12.2 & 12.3, with 60ft's in the 2.1's, but our MPH were around the 122's~. A few people we spoke to were saying with MPH like that the car is capable of an easy low 11, some were saying Hi 10??? WTF??? Trying to be a little realistic, we though at least a high 11, maybe mid 11.. I'm hoping someone can explain alittle further on the "MPH" figure.  

Also, it was Nice to me Ulyisis :D.

Was keen to get out there mate but after the sly trip to Winton was feeling pretty ordinary. Glad I stayed off the track.

Rob was the guy from Creatd who tuned my car Weds. I thought he was bringing the green/purple chameleon Lancer 1.8 with 300+fwkw as he hadn't had time to sort the GTR. Did it have one of the lights cut out for air?

Anyway sounds like you had some fun and nice times. So sorry to disappoint.

Rob was the guy from Creatd who tuned my car Weds. I thought he was bringing the green/purple chameleon Lancer 1.8 with 300+fwkw as he hadn't had time to sort the GTR. Did it have one of the lights cut out for air?

yes, I remember pissen myself about that headlight :D I said you surely don't drive around with that light like that?? he reckons it's been like that for over a year or so with no problems. But, gotta say, that is one hell of an interior job he's done.

my best time for the evening was 12.2 @ 115mph. my biggest problem was my 60' times. the best i could manage was constant mid 1.9's. on my last outing i was in the low 1.8's, so i need to work on my launches there. on some launches i had trouble with axle tramp.

saw a couple of other skylines as well but didnt see their times.

nice to meet ya mesh. hopefully next time we'll get 1.8 60 footers!

The E55 was the biggest  suprise, we thought high 12's low 13's and on its first run with ESP on did a 12.56 (on Comfort Setting =Soft Suspension), the best was a 12.4 @115MPH (on Super Sports Setting =Hard Suspension??go figure)

Not bad for a stocker.... God I want one!

Simon

Did you try the Merc with the trac control turned off ???

Hi Kev,

Nah we didn't.. I guess we were too rapt about the 12.4 to bother trying any better. We might take it again in the next fews weeks and try it without the ESP.. we'll see how we go.