SAU Community

Alcon Brake Upgrade Group Buy

GTR brake upgrade,

I have been speaking to Brakes direct and have got some prices for brake upgrades with a 5% discount on 3 purchases and greater discounts with more interest

Alcon 6 pot fronts 378mm with 2 piece DBA 5000 rotors normally $2997 ($2848) with current discount

Alcon 6 pot fronts 365mm with 2 piece DBA 5000 rotors normally $2697 ($2562) with current discount

Alcon 4 pot Rear 335mm with 2 piece DBA 5000 rotors normally $2497 ($2373) with current discount (works with standard handbrake assembly)

All kits come with street brakes and can be upgraded for race pads depending on what you prefer for aprox $200 more.

Greatest advantage of this kit and reason for the cheaper price is the ability to run DBA rotors instead of Alcons which would run almost double the price.

The replacement cost on rotors is $385 for 365mm and $399 for 378mm each

All kits come with mounting brackets and offer free delivery Australia wide.

If all goes well order will be placed by the end of the month.

If you are genuinely interested please send me a PM as i will be posting this on a few pages.

post-96006-0-07574900-1429510450_thumb.jpg

post-96006-0-85229600-1429510460_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How is the clearance with the 365mm under stock gtr rims? Does it retain the stock lengrh brake lines? (I have HEL braided lines)

Also is it possible to buy just the caliper and adaptor by itself?

Cheers

365 clearance will be ok, 375 leaves very small gap, stones get caught and cut into rims as was discovered on a friends 32R.

Also adapters will work fine for your car Tim, you will need to space it out and shave a few mm off the hub to fit

Just an update guys, Anybody who is interested due to being a group buy the wait time on these calipers may be between 4-6 weeks.

We have been offered an alternative which i think is even better, We have been offered a free upgrade to the race version of this caliper.

The racing calipers are 600grams lighter than the road caliper, they have a removable bridge which makes changing pads a whole lot easier, and they come with knock back spring which helps keep constant pressure on the pads which reduces the need to pump the brake pedal when flying into a corner, and also helps reduce pad knock off.

These are normally $1000 more then the regular calipers so a much larger saving then the 5%.

The group buy will begin Monday and be closed by Wednesday at the latest.

If you choose to jump on board just call brakes direct on 1300724943.

PS the new caliper looks much nicer

• Like 1

Caliper picture and details for the motorsport model.

Sounds like an awesome deal for anyone looking for an upgrade.

I already have R34 Brembo 4 pots on my S14 and a pair of AP Racing 4 pots sitting around and am tempted to grab the 365mm kit!

Alcon-CR6380-spec.jpg

Edited by «Cyph3r»
  • Like 1