SAU Community

next year....R32s plentiful and cheap!

Hi guys,

I am an aussie living and working in Japan.....just thought I'd mention that the first of the R32s were released in Japan in the Japanese year Hesei2. The year here now is Hesei 16....this means the very first models will be 15 years old.

what does this mean??? well lots.....under the current regulations, 15 year old cars can be imported into Australia without the need of compliance....no RAWS! there is only the blue slip to worry about.....

Just took a look at current prices here for skylines...

A nice R32 GT-R can be bought here for around 20k australian.....

The standard R32 GTS-T is at giveaway prices....under 4k for something nice....

food for thought....

My other prediction....you will see a shitload of MX-5s coming into australia under the 15yo rule....they are EUNOS roadsters here in Japan.....they are bloody cheap here...

i am surprised more 15 yo old cars don't find their way to australia....there are a few nice oldies in japan that i never saw on return trips to OZ.

anyone seen a Nissan Cima or Gloria? nice big cruisers....the newer model Cima is a great looking car, I just cant understand why Nissan Australia deprive the local market of such cars....

got a VIP style 15 year old Cima sittin in my mate's garage hovering a cool 2cm above the cround with p0umped guards and works rims n other stupid stuff, right next to a project Heisei 1 R32 GTE. I bought my old man an A31 Cefiro with an RB20DET.

15 yr old cars are pretty old news if you haven't noticed the thousand and one threads on 15 year old GTRs and what to look for when purchasing one etc. Melbourne is rife with 15 year old fever right now, as R32 Skylines and 180sx's and S13's are 15 years old in August.

im actually looking to purchase a R32 GTR, but i think i'll wait till the influx of 89's come in to play in aug/sept/oct/nov/dec

I've noticed in the trading post/forums etc that a lot of the people are trying to sell 89's already, the part that makes me laugh is they're asking more then the 93-94 in some cases ... did I miss something are the 3-4 year older 89 models worth more hahahaha

Hmmmm........funny how the bar keeps lifting as to what is cheap.

I landed my god condition and original (even OEM exhaust and airbox intact) '93 GTR here at the end of the old scheme for $26k on the road. Purchase price at the time was 950,000 yen and the aud:yen rate was pretty average then (around 62 off memory).

When the hype really started to accelerated on 15 year old GTRs early last year, people were throwing around figures such as $15K on the road here. Then we hear $20k ex Japan.

This number seems to be steadily climbing, despite a stronger aud.

well its good for parts.. cheap parts are never a bad thing.. doesn't take long for somebody who couldn't really afford a GTR to write it off.. Already seen a few "parts only". Its great!

But yeah.. i was looking at the "non-inflated" post 89 cars and some good prices there. When SEVS kicks in for R32 GTR you'll still be able to get some good ones for $25k or probably lower - and a lot more to choose from.

sorry, I guess being in Japan puts me somewhat out of the loop,

about price of GT-Rs on Japan....

the GT-R is one car that is `shaken` proof....as you all know, the Japanese rego system is pretty tough and most cars aren't kept by their owners.....The GT-R is an exception....it is a very very popular car for local lads.....

as for the GT-Rs for sale in Japan.....I can assure you that an early model GT-R, in good condition, with relatively low mileage (under 80k) still fetches decent money in Japan. The GT-Rs that you hear about going for 10k in Japan are the rough ones....and believe me, there are lots of rough skylines in japan....No doubt the number of skylines exported to Australia, NZ, and GB, also has an affect on local price too.....I owned a GTiR Pulsar here, and in the 3 years I had it, I saw perhaps only 4 others on the road.....i always say more on the road in Australia when home for xmas....

and when raws is available for the later models you will pay a premium ....demand goes up price`s increase...don`t judge the price`s of cars you cannot import... as soon as compliance is available price`s WILL rise with demand for later models the reason 89 price`s are where they are is due to DEMAND...if you don`t pay it some one else will...

pretty simple really

Technically the Supply of later model gtrs will increase as well as more are imported hence your theory doesnt really work.

:werd: considering we are talking about 4 months worth of GTR (august -> end of december).. compared to what 5 years worth of R32 GTR that simply can't be imported at the moment.

Those trying to make a quick buck of the 1989 GTR will probably need to fairly quickly if you ask me, as soon as SEVS compliance is available and the options are much larger... and from what I can gather the price only a few $k more (even based on a $6k compliance)... the ass will fall out of the 1989 market pretty quickly.

Technically the Supply of later model gtrs will increase as well as more are imported hence your theory doesnt really work.

technically ..due to the RAWS the only cars allowed will be non accident & unmodified ...expensive if not getting towards rocking horse sh*t to find + compliance costs ...but we have done that one ...also note UK has 10year rule where we have 15 yr 93-94 now being exported to uk/ireland in some # and will continue

1 other ,the supply and demand thing isn`t my theory ..its common sense