SAU Community

V Series Meet - Adelaide

730PM is fine with me. Hey, any chance your store sell outright iphone 6s plus?

Hey Charlie,

Our Telstra Store (like most) won't be selling the iPhone 6S (or Plus) outright for a few months as stock is on constraint and we cannot actively order our own stock (it's pushed to our store by our channel logistics center).

The 3 ways to get an iPhone 6S on launch (or soon after) are:

• As a handset repayment on a 24 month plan
  • Purchase outright + recontact to a 24 month BYO plan (same transaction)
  • Purchase outright from Apple Store in Rundle Place (if possible)

Good Luck! :)

Hey Charlie,

Our Telstra Store (like most) won't be selling the iPhone 6S (or Plus) outright for a few months as stock is on constraint and we cannot actively order our own stock (it's pushed to our store by our channel logistics center).

Do we get any discount, George ? :nyaanyaa:

Yeah it has the bose 6cd stacker. In addition to all that it has a 7" kenwood gps/dvd player unit with a kenwood dvd player in the glove box replacing the original screen/dvd unit. It SEEMS though I'm not sure that it's not hooked up to the car audio as any audio from it comes out a small speaker on the back of the screen. I'm hoping though that if I can figure out how to make the bose stereo go to the external cd stacker that it might be plugged in, I just can't remember what button to press to do that. If that's the case all I need is a new screen based head unit to go in where the current one is (current one is japanese only, must have been a 3rd party install in Japan).

Otherwise I'll just order a grom unit and have that installed and then maybe just put a standalone gps unit where the current screen is.

If anyone can help a forgetful git out and remind me how to switch the bose head unit over to the aux stacker input gen that would be great.

Stoked for saturday,I haven't been to a car meet/cruise for years.

• Like 1

Hey Charlie,

sorry to hear that no outright in stores for that long. thank you anyway George. I am going overseas next month so want to buy one for a family member. I think I just need to keep trying apple store, JB HIFI and Havey Norman.

Too many iphone 6 sold in Au were actually re-sold to China and other asian countrys because lower price here. Looks like Apple got more caution this time.

I've let a couple of others know about this thread and the meet this sat so they may check it out if they're free.

A couple who have a v35, 2 v36/g37 owners and the chap who owns my old v35 now :)

• Like 1

sorry to hear that no outright in stores for that long. thank you anyway George. I am going overseas next month so want to buy one for a family member. I think I just need to keep trying apple store, JB HIFI and Havey Norman.

Too many iphone 6 sold in Au were actually re-sold to China and other asian countrys because lower price here. Looks like Apple got more caution this time.

Exactly! ...leaving little stock for actual Telstra customers wanting to connect or recontract... Apple (and Telstra) have caught on, as have stores and staff. :yes:

Decent turnout tonight guys. Thanks to everyone that showed up for showing up. Everyone seemed chatty and had a good chat with one another.

Would be nice to do more like these in the future and here's a few pics from my phone (which is shitty at night pics sorry) but better than nothing. Thanks again for coming all. :)

post-96537-0-43823300-1443276343_thumb.jpg post-96537-0-01303900-1443276367_thumb.jpg post-96537-0-29614700-1443276431_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks once again Brenton for organizing an excellent 'close knit' V-Series meetup. :woot:

I've been to a few car meets in the past (for all different cars) and this by far was the best and friendliest meet that I've been to. :yes:

It's great to know that there's still a 'car scene' in Adelaide, especially considering that our cars are low volume grey imports (and not for the masses... yet... eg: R-Series Skylines).

Also really good to meet like minded car enthusiasts!

PS: Was great to finally meet yourself (Brenton), David, Leo, Charlie, Chris, Julian and Andrew in person... in addition to some new faces that I haven't seen lurking on the forums :P

(Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone's name).

I look forward to our next car meet! ...and I'll be attending with either my V36 Skyline 350GT :wub: or a freshly imported JZX110 Mark II Fortuna ;)

• Like 1

If any of these meets stray south of the city and M35's aren't on a list of unwelcome cars (i have a VQ too :P ) I'd be keen for a meet up.

Haven't been out to anything for best part of 10 years...

• Like 1

We we're talking about this when we were there last night. We reckon sometime during Summer and I also said about getting all VQ engines there (so stags etc) and going for a meet and lunch/dinner somewhere like a pizza place. It will most likely stay somewhere in the middle of the city though to accomodate those who are coming from both north and south (and east in my case).

• Like 1

Thanks once again Brenton for organizing an excellent 'close knit' V-Series meetup. :woot:

I've been to a few car meets in the past (for all different cars) and this by far was the best and friendliest meet that I've been to. :yes:

It's great to know that there's still a 'car scene' in Adelaide, especially considering that our cars are low volume grey imports (and not for the masses... yet... eg: R-Series Skylines).

Also really good to meet like minded car enthusiasts!

PS: Was great to finally meet yourself (Brenton), David, Leo, Charlie, Chris, Julian and Andrew in person... in addition to some new faces that I haven't seen lurking on the forums :P

(Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone's name).

I look forward to our next car meet! ...and I'll be attending with either my V36 Skyline 350GT :wub: or a freshly imported JZX110 Mark II Fortuna ;)

:nyaanyaa::nyaanyaa::nyaanyaa:

Had great fun with you guys and learned a lot. thank you alllllllll~~~~~