SAU Community

Camshaft Or Crankshaft Sensor?! V35 350gt

Memz

Hey guys,

Just got a hold of a 2003 Nissan 350gt V35 Manual..

Engine light randomly comes and goes and when on idle the car randomly turns off and takes a while to crank over then once started I have the check engine light, VDC OFF, and SLIP light on -

Checked brake fluid and tyres and they're fine...

Heard that it could either be the camshaft or crankshaft sensor and would like to confirm since I am still slightly confused, Have just moved on from a BMW so I understand if this question requires a face palm haha

Also when taking off or "revving" the engine it doesnt sound right, as if it is slightly off or somewhat misfiring (not sure if its because of sensors?)

Would appreciate help greatly!!

Hey guys,

Just got a hold of a 2003 Nissan 350gt V35 Manual..

Engine light randomly comes and goes and when on idle the car randomly turns off and takes a while to crank over then once started I have the check engine light, VDC OFF, and SLIP light on -

Checked brake fluid and tyres and they're fine...

Heard that it could either be the camshaft or crankshaft sensor and would like to confirm since I am still slightly confused, Have just moved on from a BMW so I understand if this question requires a face palm haha

Also when taking off or "revving" the engine it doesnt sound right, as if it is slightly off or somewhat misfiring (not sure if its because of sensors?)

Would appreciate help greatly!!

Ive had the same issue. Do an ECU diagnostic which will reveal if its either the crankshaft sensor or left or right camshaft position sensors...

The VDC and SLIP lights come on TOGETHER but only once the car randomly just turns off then takes a while to kick back over on, found the VDC switch and its been on, so if I press switch the VDC light only comes on not slip so yeah not switch related :/

I had this exact same issue, scanned it, was camshaft sensor bank one, had it changed and has not come back since, does your car also feel like its less powerful and maybe even stalls sometimes?

Yes the car feels like its missing power also like its about to stall when taking off normally, the car tone / exhaust and engine feel doesnt feel normal either feels like its got a rumble / misfire but no misfire if that makes sense haha I was thinking maybe the crank sensor or cam sensor was getting an incorrect pulse hence weird engine feel when taking off but yeah

**UPDATE**

While cruising at 100km in 5th I noticed the cars sound just disappeared (car turned off) rolling at 2.5k rpm for a split second until I realized, Pushed clutch in and slowly released and I felt the kick from clutch kick starting the car again so hopefully that helps lead to cause of problem :(

**UPDATE**

While cruising at 100km in 5th I noticed the cars sound just disappeared (car turned off) rolling at 2.5k rpm for a split second until I realized, Pushed clutch in and slowly released and I felt the kick from clutch kick starting the car again so hopefully that helps lead to cause of problem :(

so have you done the fault code diagnostic yet or.... ?

Yeah had it done a while ago, cant remember the code, but the mechanic said it was the bank 1 camshaft sensor, so i had it changed $300-400 for the part.

my question wasnt directed at you but while we are on the topic of codes.. the passenger side bank is P0340 and drivers side bank is P0345 from memory.

Hey guys,

Have done ECU test and got code P0340 which turns out to be a camshaft sensor, purchased two and will replace tomorrow and reset ecu and let you guys know :)

• 4 years later...

Hey there, i have a p0340 code (cam sensor ) on my V35  250 GT ,been looking on line to purchase it but not sure how reliable they can be 

are the aftermarket good enough ? 

cheers  

RORu0gebSQ6vI1LeRZp1GQ.jpg

• 2 years later...

Doing the crank sensor process now .silly question! Impulse 535 is in my car .upgraded in Japan before landing in Australia. Any one got any information on it as I only found one pamphlet online in Japanese writing. Does that upgrade impact on sensor or intake in any way . Thanks in advance been reading your input for 4 years now and very informative to a great owner

Going out on a limb and going to say you mean Impul 535?  which I believe is just a rebadged V35 for the Malaysian market?  not 100% certain there though as my knowledge is a bit sketchy on the topic..