SAU Community

Rb20 E85 Conversion

So i'm going to be converting my car to e85 soon because theres a pump near my house and why not. Been looking at items for the fuel system which i'll need and have a couple of questions, will i need an fpr? if so any suggestions? Im looking at getting 700-800cc injectors, preferably on the cheaper side without needing an aftermarket fuel rail any suggestions? i've found these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121546852066?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIThowever it says they are to suit a top feed rail, is it possible to run a top feed with the standard intake plenum? sorry if they're noob questions, thanks!

Should be fine if you keep the 255, the 460 is known to have issues on some cars as the return flow is insufficient. Just make sure you check the base fuel pressure is similar, and that it drops 10psi or so from there at idle.

i've heard of those missileman and aware they're good however i'm wanting something in the 700cc range because i'll be using a nistune and its recommended not to go above 800cc, also compared to the denso they're about 200 extra :(

tis up to you, but try not to get too carried away, just because that fuel is available close to home doesn't mean you should go down that path, you have to figure a cost verses benefit analysis and go from there.

Is it really worth the cost to do that with the little old RB20?

I'm currently running 98 with a few mods and no tune whatsoever so I've always planned on getting the car tuned anyway. The main downsides of e85 are it goes off quickly, bad fuel economy and not available everywhere. I daily my car, dont usually drive far distances and have a pump close to home so its not that much of a downside for me. In addition e85 is cheaper than 98 so the bad fuel economy and fuel costs should even out especially considering my car is currently running rich.

So in my eyes its worth it, I'm also considering a turbo upgrade in the future and E85 will help lag and as we all know a laggy rb20 makes for a horrible street car. So the only extra cost really is the injectors which is not too bad

I don't know if E85 is going to reduce the RB20 lag significantly, maybe cam gears would be better, anyway, more data is always good, so there is no harm in reading the "Rb20 Turbo Upgrade, All Dyno Results" sticky from start to finish,and the RB25 one too ;)

More fuel is burnt, more exhaust flow, faster spool up, so it should make a noticable difference. I'm not too worried about lag honestly especially with my setup right now (standard rb25 turbo and usual supporting gear) mainly want to go E85 just because of the extra power across the entire powerband. Gone through most of both threads already. Believe me if i was in the position to i'd be dropping an rb25 in without a moments hesitation haha, its crazy how much power they can make with minimal mods, why didnt nissan put the rb25 in the 32 from the start :(