SAU Community

Illicit Drugs

GTR-N1

It's possible, though it really depends on what your definition of those things are. Visual hallucinations are generally grouped into 2 categories: OEVs (Open-Eye Visuals) or CEVs (Closed-Eye Visuals). You could probably define a third as you described, but personally I'd group them with CEVs. They'd be lucid dreams in a way, only you're not in any way asleep. They'd just be entirely in your mind's eye.

But, yes that kinda stuff isn't too uncommon. I personally haven't really experienced it, but I think it would have a LOT to do with set/setting (mindset/environment).

DMT is both one of the most intense psychedelics, but also one of the kindest in my experience. The fact it's scheduled the same as heroin in Australia says a lot about how f**king backwards our drug laws are; DMT is [theorised to be] produced by the mammalian pineal gland for f**ks sake, and found in appreciable quantities in a number of native Australian flora. For the sake of argument (ESPECIALLY the one presented in this thread), DMT is practically harmless. Unless you're a bloody clown - the same kinda clown who'd lose his shit when drunk and do something stupid - DMT will not bring you to any physical harm, either by toxicity (non-toxic in any remotely appreciable dose) or by inebriation (you're effectively immobilised during the peak; moving will not be a priority, nor will it be practical haha).

I'm honestly surprised Terry hasn't chimed back in here. I'd like to think he'd possess the most factually accurate information on these things...I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

Also this:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/09/theres-nothing-like-poverty-to-make-a-serious-drug-problem-stick

Before anyone goes asking where my tinfoil hat is, consider the gloriously honest moves we've seen recently from our overlords like the TPP. The interests of society, particularly those areas these drugs are a 'problem', are not synonymous with the interests of our government.

Edited by Trozzle

"factually accurate information" ... unlikely

"I'd like to think" followed by "I'm not so sure" haha

He's a pharmacist - one would like to think someone with tertiary qualifications in the field could provide more accurate information than myself - someone with ~3 years of reading forums and dabbling - could provide.

I'm not so sure he can (or perhaps I should say "will"), though. I get the impression he's had a negative second-hand experience with some of the substances in question, skewing his views from what he knows to be correct of these drugs, to what his emotions tell him. I get this impression from a few things he said in his OP.

• Like 1

"I'd like to think" followed by "I'm not so sure" haha

He's a pharmacist - one would like to think someone with tertiary qualifications in the field could provide more accurate information than myself - someone with ~3 years of reading forums and dabbling - could provide.

I'm not so sure he can (or perhaps I should say "will"), though. I get the impression he's had a negative second-hand experience with some of the substances in question, skewing his views from what he knows to be correct of these drugs, to what his emotions tell him. I get this impression from a few things he said in his OP.

Being a Pharmacist it would be easy to understand how most of his experience would be negative wouldn't you think.

The death penalty is the only way forward here.

Caught up with an old friend last night, in the time that we lost contact, they had gotten into the glass bbq for a month, got off it for a month then hit it hard for a few months before being clean for 3 years..

I guess that explained the paranoa and rambling..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-real-cause-of-addicti_b_6506936.html?ir=Australia

tl;dr drug addition is correlated to life circumstances, in particular, connection to a community. Eg lots of Vietnam vets used heroin, most came back and just stopped.

Thanks for the link :) interesting read. Fits in with how I feel about addiction for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/it-all-seems-like-fun-and-games-and-a-cheap-25-pill-but-its-not-worth-it/news-story/5e8ca9c8f8045fffd919da2a91edb039

Prime example of how misinformation spreads like wildfire.

MDMA is not responsible for what happened to this guy, presuming it was just 'one pill'. The current state of prohibition is responsible for the unknown contents of that pill that caused him harm, and he is responsible for blindly trusting a complete stranger and ingesting a pill he had no idea what it contained.

Short of an extremely rare adverse reaction like an allergy, MDMA has not been shown to cause damage unless abused.

• 2 weeks later...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/30268810/failed-drug-test-cops-hit-after-tip-off/

Three officers - two males and one female - have tested positive to MDMA and/or methylamphetamine after a tip off led to random testing the day following Stereosonic in Sydney, which they are believe to have attended.

"This has to be fictitious" mode: one of the male officers was none other than the infamous flamin mongrel who saw fit to fatally shoot that dog in the street after it sat.

I know this doesn't help my angle of attack on this issue, but I find it f**king hilarious they can't even adhere to the standards they uphold, potentially unjustly ruining lives in the process. I sincerely hope they receive the full brunt of any applicable charges and punishments for this, however I fear dismissal is all they'll face thanks to our actually somewhat smart approach to illicit drug USE.

I tried to resuscitate the thread at least.

Edited by Trozzle

well, the situation of the teenager who died in Adelaide on the weekend is an example of why there's no point continuing with the Govment approach of tackling the issue with 'drugs are bad, don't touch them'. Cos while young mate died, thousands of others had a fkn awesome time there on drugs, so the danger threat is not relatable until it is directly applying to them. The angle of 'don't be afraid to go to authorities if you or mates are in trouble, no criminal action will be taken against you' is a much better direction to take. Although, if I was a youngsta again i'd be sceptical of that offer myself and maybe wouldn't go to them even if in trouble.

If you've got nothing illegal on you, there's nothing to be afraid of by going to the police/EMS if you're in trouble. That's one thing Australia has right in their drug laws - consumption/being under the influence isn't a crime in itself (unless you go and do something stupid as a result). If you think you're having a bad reaction or were silly enough to consume something unknown, the only thing you have to worry about by going to the medical tent is that your parents might find out.

Unless you copped PMA/PMMA as old mate did over the weekend. There's a good chance that once you realise shit's going south, it may be too late. Exactly why we need relaxed legislation on possession of an amount for personal consumption (decriminalise it), and why we need to allow the presence of drug testing stalls at these events. Had he been able to have his pills tested prior to ingestion, he'd have discovered they contained something he REALLY does not want to ingest under any circumstances.

The elephant in the room is the current roadside test system.

I have no problem with peeps doing drugs, but is pretty much impossible to get away with where I live.

I have been tested twice, 'random roadside' by unmarked cars and proved clean.

But others have not been so fortunate. A mate who had smoked weed the night before, was sober, but still came up positive and lost his license.

Another dude, was pulled up out front of my shed and first tested + for meth, but then the 2nd test which the officer offered came up negative, and was let go.

Seems the tests are unreliable and don't test for you being under the influence at the time, but if you have had any in the last few days.

A mate who is a lawyer has 40, yes 40, cases coming up in the local court!

At least with BAC there is a 0.05 limit

Is there a test for stupidity?

Maybe there should be a random stupidity test where if people do drugs they get charged for being stupid and they cop a belting for the damage they are doing to future generations.

Bunch of self serving arseholes.

Is there a test for stupidity?

Maybe there should be a random stupidity test where if people do drugs they get charged for being stupid and they cop a belting for the damage they are doing to future generations.

Bunch of self serving arseholes.

Eh? What damage, besides anyone stupid enough to drive under the influence? Or are you implying if one 'does drugs' they're inherently stupid?

Self serving? Yeah, spoken by he who's hell-bent on ensuring somebody isn't allowed to do something that doesn't affect him. K.

• Like 1

Eh? What damage, besides anyone stupid enough to drive under the influence? Or are you implying if one 'does drugs' they're inherently stupid?

Self serving? Yeah, spoken by he who's hell-bent on ensuring somebody isn't allowed to do something that doesn't affect him. K.

I guess you could argue that for every 9/10 people who have a non negative experience, there is the one polesmoker that has an issue and has to be dealt with through the Emergency services which we all pay for.

Not to mention taking capacity away from a system which is primarily designed for people who get sick or need protecting through no fault of their own.

I.E. Yes it's self serving and f**king selfish.