SAU Community

Illicit Drugs

GTR-N1

The implications of all you idiots that drive an illegal industry that is responsible for most of the crime and human injustices in the world

nope, that's religion.

because you are selfish fktards

nope, that's you, and it's just a shame you can't see it. You're a bit on the angry side too bro.

Stop using and there won't be an industry now and in the future, end of story.

Drugs have been around since the beginning of time across the globe and in every culture, and always will be...you're lacking understanding of humanity if you think otherwise. Even the Muslim culture, which frowns on even having a drink, allows smoking.

Edited by hardsteppa

Hypothetical.

You grow weed and smoke it. Personal use. What industry are you supporting?

dude....that totally doesnt ever happen..

touch dope once and you're out there raping nuns and bombing churches within the hour

Just ask XXXXXXXXXXXXXGTTTRRRRXXXXXX

Hypothetical.

You grow weed and smoke it. Personal use. What industry are you supporting?

Just as many LEGITIMATE industries as you would if you were to home-brew beer.

In fact, more legitimate industries - you'd be supporting a (likely relatively small) business from which you obtained all your kit (presuming hydro). You'd be supporting the local electricity suppliers (lol). You'd be supporting the local Bunnings/Masters/Nursery should you obtain any fertilisers or treatments from them instead of the original shop that sold you the kit.

You're just not supporting the right industries who sacrifice a portion of their exorbitant profits to certain influential/authoritative figures....or is that a little too left wing to laugh at? haha

The implications of all you idiots that drive an illegal industry that is responsible for most of the crime and human injustices in the world

nope, that's religion.

nope, that's you, and it's just a shame you can't see it. You're a bit on the angry side too bro.

Drugs have been around since the beginning of time across the globe and in every culture, and always will be...you're lacking understanding of humanity if you think otherwise. Even the Muslim culture, which frowns on even having a drink, allows smoking.

Dafuq....I think you need to fix some quote tags yo :P

When I was dealing, I wouldn't sell to anyone older than 14. Because, I knew the younger kids wouldn't get hooked on the harder stuff. I didn't want to be that bloke who led someone down a dark path with my gateway drug.

Say what you guys want. But I have morals.

• Like 1

nope, that's religion.

Cool story.

I will tell it to the next patient in ED.

you never answered my qustions about medical use

Because its a stupid question. Who in their right mind would restrict the use of anything to heal a sick person. This has nothing to do with illicit drugs.

Edited by XGTRX

no need to be a flamin mongrel. was asking for your thoughts.

I apologize I thought you were baiting me.

My thoughts are that all things should be used to heal the sick, no one has a right to pose restrictions on any medicinal substance when more conventional treatments have not been successful. Healing is healing doesn't matter what you use, its about what ever works not what is convention.

Apologies again.

Edited by XGTRX
  • Like 1

Cool story.

I will tell it to the next patient in ED.

That's the point though, you're only seeing one part, the worst, of the overall picture. So while yes, it can lead to some very bad situations for individuals, and control is needed, your view isn't a balanced one because it appears to be based on the worst case scenario and not the overall big picture.

I apologize I thought you were baiting me.

My thoughts are that all things should be used to heal the sick, no one has a right to pose restrictions on any medicinal substance when more conventional treatments have not been successful. Healing is healing doesn't matter what you use, its about what ever works not what is convention.

Apologies again.

You'll probably read this as bait, and I'll admit in a tiny way it is (though I will ensure I remain mature here), but what are your thoughts on using psychoactive compounds such a Psilocin (active alkaloid in magic mushrooms) for medicinal purposes such as the treatment of cluster headaches, depression, and end-of-life anxiety/stress? Or MDMA combined with an appropriate therapist to ease PTSD in members of the armed forces who've returned from distressing combat environments?

The above is completely separate to the issues we've debated thus far. Consider the above being 'legal' in explicitly controlled therapeutic settings, using pharmaceutical grade/purity compounds.

Do you still consider them to be harmful drugs, or do you accept their medicinal value in these settings (again, this is nothing to do with someone like me using them recreationally)?

One I don't expect you to respond to: do you dismiss claims of cannabinoids having positive effects in cancer treatment (I don't mean "cure" by the way, that's well and truly still up for debate)?

Edited by Trozzle

I think you misunderstand the circumstances in which they'd be used. MDMA for example will allow the patient to open up a lot more to the therapist, in the case that perhaps what was causing their PTSD was being held inside. MDMA removes inhibitions and social barriers very well, so for a patient emotionally 'unwilling' to openly discuss their experiences, it can make it a lot easier.

Depression can be caused by a great many things as we know, and I surely don't support the use of ANY drug as a bandaid fix - including and least of all conventional anti-depressants like SSRI/SNRIs. I believe the use of psychedelics such mushrooms allow the user to see things from a different perspective and work through them. You'd be surprised some of the changes you can make in your mind whilst under their influence - even as someone who's used them exclusively for "recreational" purpose, I can attest to these effects; I've broken down some social barriers of my own whilst under their influence, such as my massive fear of rejection by the opposite sex. It allowed me to realise such things as our time on earth being limited, and to let certain opportunities slip is irrational as that "time" will never be repeated, etc etc. Hard to explain, particularly to someone who hasn't experienced the psychedelic headspace themselves, but I assure you beyond the "fun" there are advantages in using such things for working through psychological...uhhh...situations? (lost for words).

But again, no I don't support their use as a bandaid for anything that has a true underlying cause.

Edited by Trozzle

I probably should have termed it "MDMA assisted therapy" in my first post to be honest, that's a much more appropriate and accurate term. The therapy is the 'fix', the MDMA just lubricates the conversation.