SAU Community

Another Coilpack Issue?

IM-32-FK

i'll also just say, I like your attitude, seriously. You were prepared to have a go at it...ok, f*ked it up, but, acknowledged your mistake and have learnt something in the process. As long as no major damage caused, not a bad result at all. Although, I you're seriously concerned bits of ceramic fell in the cylinder and you haven't run the car yet, pull out the plug and use a vacuum hard up against the hole, vacuum out any bits of insulator in there.

thanks, i already vacummed it after i pulled it out, there was some on the sides

Edited by IM-32-FK

i'll also just say, I like your attitude, seriously. You were prepared to have a go at it...ok, f*ked it up, but, acknowledged your mistake and have learnt something in the process. As long as no major damage caused, not a bad result at all. Although, I you're seriously concerned bits of ceramic fell in the cylinder and you haven't run the car yet, pull out the plug and use a vacuum hard up against the hole, vacuum out any bits of insulator in there.

im almost sure i got most of it out, maybe a couple of little pieces might of fell in. Would it just burn out when the oil warms up? Wont cause the engine to seize up or anything or reduce performance?

it's ceramic, it won't burn. Nothing good will come of having it in the cylinder. But, any household vacuum cleaner should be strong enough to pull bits out if you put it hard up against the open spark plug hole.

i vacummed it after i took it off and ran it through the hole too. Hopefully it wont do much damage. RB25de neo is not worth much anyway, if anything happens ill just put a rb25det, ive been meaning to do it for a while just saving up some cash. If it does f**k up, can i still sell the bottom end? like which part of the motor will f**k up, the head?

Pics of rb20 coilpack arrangement.

Notice how i had to cut the edge of the coilpack 2 and 3 with a angle grinder so they can sit in flat? One bolt on each hole mate...had to cut 4/6 of the coilpacks

sKZJD30.jpg

Edited by IM-32-FK

Okay and where does the loom an igniter plug in?

to the stock rb20 clips. So the igniter has 2 large clips plugging into it, one from the loom the other is a clip from the firewall, the loom also has a grounding cable and another cable clip with 3 wires running into it which clips in to another clip on the firewall

Edited by IM-32-FK

Does this mean your sparkplug sale is off?? was really interested in buying dropped and over tightened spark plugs!!!!

More seriously, use a vacuum cleaner, some tape, and a 300mm of that clear 10mm plastic hose. Tape hose to vacuum cleaner hose and push through the spark plug hole and work it around while vacuuming. Not a guarantee, but its better than 'fingers crossed'.

And when your done vacuuming out what you can, your last step would be to crank her over with all the plugs out to blow out what you missed (if anything was missed)