SAU Community

Rb25det Setup And Ideas

muzziak

Going along the same lines as the NEO post, was looking at going further in my 33 and thought I'd get some ideas. Current setup;

-Hypergear ATR43-SS2 .82 rear internally gated

-FMIC 76mm thick

-Power FC

-3" turbo back exhaust (empty cat)

-splitfires coilpacks

-Z32 AFM

-3" alloy intake with a pod

-walbro 460

-denso 550cc injectors

-gizmo ebc

From the top of my head.

Tuned by Unigroup engineering at 18psi it made 255kW on pump, the actuator couldn't hold 20 properly.

I was thinking cams(tuner recommended), cam gears and going external wastegate as the next step, alongside bumping up the boost. Wanted to get feedback and ideas, with going e85 being the last option

Thanks

I have pretty much the same setup [GT3076 vs ATR43-SS2] and I get 300. But I have cams and WMI to get there [no flex out here].

Cam gears are a waste on RB25's, Tomei cams are set to zero anyway. Cam gears are only useful on a 26 [for road use].

Did you get your dodgy actuator spring replaced? Assuming you have VCT working an adjustable cam gear on your exhaust cam could net another 5 - 7kw.

Why not run fulltime E85? Just run your tank empty - fill with E85 and retune.

I haven't replaced the actuator yet, the plan was to go external soon so didn't see the need.

E85 is the easiest power option, the cars driven quite frequently though so fuel economy could be an issue. With a 33 gtst would the fuel lines have to be replaced for E85 ?

What are the potential power gains from cams, gears and external ?

Forget gears.............don't waste your $$$, you don't need the adjustment for Tomei [and prob most other] sticks. Cams and external depends on the setup you use, but from 255 to 300 is a big step for that.

I'd prob go external first and think about cams later.