SAU Community

March Super Turbo

Duncan

I have a March ST sitting here in my garage, it arrived from Japan 2wks ago, if you guys are interested I'll post a bit more about it?

Yeh would love to hear a bit more about it post up a bit of info and pics if you could..

Cheers Mate..

No worries, I'll take some pics over the weekend and post them up.

I bought the car over a year ago (March '04) and had it stored at a mate's car yard over there. Unfortunately the turbo seezed up completely because the engine wasn't run for such a long time. The Turbo's only a watercooled T2 though, same as on the late model (87+) ET Pulsars, so it wasn't hard to find a replacement.

Even without a turbo the car still had plenty of torque up to around 3000rpm, after that the supercharger turns off (it has a clutch on it) and the car doesn't run too well without a turbo :-)

I saw a MA09ERT motor a couple of years ago, someone had put it in an EXA Turbo. It seems the engine has the same mounts as an E15ET, in fact the block looks very similar apart from the tiny pistons/bore inside it.

My plan is to swap the bottom end for one from an E15ET, bigger injectors and a T25G off a CA18DET, bob's your uncle, instant stroker from 990cc to 1500cc. Might need aftermarket management but I'm expecting big things from this little car!

The exhaust is truely tiny, either 2" or maybe even 1.5", so that can definitely do with some improvement.

The car is Active Green, I was going to respray the car when I saw the picture of it in Japan, but I've changed my mind, I reckon it doesn't look too bad now that I've seen it in real life, fairly unique colour anyway!

The interior is in very good shape, which is a bonus. It also has one of those old style sunroofs that you can either tilt up or take out completely, even a bag for the sunroof is still in the trunk :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
hey,

We have a super turbo on our yard..

cool pc - correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the e15t a 4 cylinder?

You're gonna have seriosu difficulty bolting that block to the super turbo as its only a 3 cyl  :whatsthat 

Cheers, Paul.

The MA09ERT is a 4 cylinder. #4 is sort of hidden under the intercooler but it's a four cylinder.

Its a pain to get to also! I just had my ST dynoed at 174bhp @ 1.6 bar of boost if your interested. I am using a walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump, GTIR 440cc injectors and have mapped it with the Emanage. This however is NOT on the standard HT10 turbo!

The standard turbo is a Hitachi HT10. Since it is not a normal Garret T2 flange it is not possible to fit a GTIR T28 turbo. I had a custom T25/HT10 built for mine, the exhaust housing is very restictive, but I have helped this with a custom 2.5 inch straight through exhaust. I wouldnt dare try any more boost with the tiny intercooler and engine internals. However I plan to build a 'big' power MA09 soon. Aim is for around 200wbhp :);) Its mad enough already though, at the first sign of wet roads wheelspin will result if you go WOT in 3rd gear!

The standard turbo is a Hitachi HT10. Since it is not a normal Garret T2 flange it is not possible to fit a GTIR T28 turbo. I had a custom T25/HT10 built for mine, the exhaust housing is very restictive...

Hehehe... reminds me of my friends old Honda City turbo. The turbos were tiny on those things and not easily upgradeable, so the only alternative was wind 2.0bar into it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Im almost certain that the March that JustJap have (unsure if they still do), is a Turbo, not a SuperTurbo. I had a look at it one time when I was there.

I was actually looking for a turbo/supercharged kei car or similar to use as a runabout if anyone has one lying around.