SAU Community

R32 Gtst Looking For Advice

r32 GTST.
Already have done a few mods to it
Braking: rotors(DBA 4000 series) and pads (Qfm A1RM)
transmission: was auto converted to manual (exedy hyper single VF clutch)
turbo mods: 3 inch turbo back exhaust with JJR Bellmouth dump-pipe.
front mount inter-cooler with ARC bov.
HKS GTRS Turbo with HKS actuator(11psi)
also fitted but not hooked up is a HKS EVC.
Tyres: hankook RS3 front and random back
Suspension: Gecko coilovers G-Racing
Random:
roll cage
GTR spoiler
Nismo gear-knob

Mods I'm planing on doing:
upgrade arms/rods
hook up HKS EVC
increase steering lock
turn up the boost!
put in nismo 2 Way
change ecu(whats good?)
GTR 440 injectors
tune car
possibly forged Rb20det?

Setting car up to just have fun with it and track it.
not really chasing huge power, just want to drive to the track drift and drive home.
any advice would be appreciated.

post-141731-0-31810300-1447103885_thumb.jpg

Don't open the motor unless you absolutely have to. So don't "forge" it. Std RB20 will take 20+ psi fun for a loooong time.

The ECU is your first priority. The easiest option here is to Nistune it. Nowadays Nistune allows you to run flex-fuel too, so your options are even better than before. Other options are all the other aftermarket options. Finding a suitable PowerFC is not so easy for RB20s, and besides which they're all old and they don't offer you even as good an ECU as the factory one....so I don't see them as a sensible choice. After that it's a case of how much money do you want to spend? Haltech, Vipec, Motec, Adaptronic, etc etc. Variations from slightly DIY to Rolls Royce in that lot.

Don't use GTR injectors. It's not the 1990s any more. Just buy some Xspurts from Scotty. 1000cc is NOT too big and will help if you do use E85.

Mae sure you put a good fuel pump into it. The big E85 compatible Walbros seem to the be best choice at the moment, Again, see Scotty. (Hint, search the forums for mentions of Scotty and injectors and see how many thousands of threads there are).

Otherwise your list is pretty good. You can spend as much money as you like on new bushes for the subframe, diff, suspension arms etc. I would suggest 24mm front adjustable bar and a 22mm rear adjustable to go with it. Actually given that you want to rape (drift) it you'll probably want a 24mm bar at the rear.

For a drifter you certainly want to make sure HICAS is deleted. Properly deleted, not just lock barred.

I have tried turning the boost up and cuts out at 120 ish km's randomly, have a feeling the pipe that runs from airflow to turbo is collapsing.
if I was going to go Power FC I was going to put in a rb26 version.(yes 26) if you line the pins ups side by sid there is only a few different bridge air flow etc.
E85 isn't an option for me as there isn't any E85 in my area and my r32 is my daily.

24mm all round sounds have to see what people have posted about super pro/Whiteline

I have removed the whole hicas system (lines and all) running an r33 power steering pump with a lock bar

You cannot expect to push it with those mods until you tune it. Nistune would be best bang for buck.

Track days are great. Sure you want to drift it?

Drive to track. Drift it. Break stuff. Trailer it home....