SAU Community

Bump After Letting Off Accelerator

Brad13

Hi guys, I seem to have a bit of a bump after letting off the accelerator in my 96 R33 GTST. I originally thought it was diff backlash so I've swapped the diff but it hasn't made any difference. I'm all out of ideas as to what it could be. Any suggestions?

As soon as I get the chance I'll have a look. Was hoping it might be an easy fix :(

It wouldn't have anything to do with hicas at all would it? I wouldn't have thought it would caused this but I've heard of some people hearing a knock from the rear of their car with the Hicas unit still in.

It will be the mounts for the rest cradle

+1 for broken subframe mounts.

Any pics of the area you mean? I have the same sound and I'd like to know where to look. Do you mean the parts that bolt the subframe to the car (i.e where you would put the subframe collars?)

Any pics of the area you mean? I have the same sound and I'd like to know where to look. Do you mean the parts that bolt the subframe to the car (i.e where you would put the subframe collars?)

Thanks guys, agreed that any pics of what I should be checking would be extremely helpful if possible. Just want to make sure I'm not looking for the wrong thing

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't had a chance to get it up on stands to have a look around underneath. Will hopefully get a chance this weekend and I'll look over the CV's.

If they do knock is there a fix for them or will they have to be replaced altogether?

• 1 month later...

I've had the car up on stands and had a good look around. Cv's and subframe bolts all seem tight and solid. I'm now leaning towards this possibly being the tail shaft bearing as there's also a rattle/vibration I can hear at low revs or when under load going up a hill.

Does that sound plausible and would there be any way to go about checking it?

• 4 months later...

I've had the car up on stands and had a good look around. Cv's and subframe bolts all seem tight and solid. I'm now leaning towards this possibly being the tail shaft bearing as there's also a rattle/vibration I can hear at low revs or when under load going up a hill.

Does that sound plausible and would there be any way to go about checking it?

Hey Brad, Did you end up fixing this issue? I'm having the same problem