SAU Community

HR30 on the dyno this thursday

Doctor 30

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry I can't get these messages and can't post because I can't get onto the message board, I think my internet has a problem or maybe it is the skylines australia website not working. Hang on, I'm trying to log onto Skylines Austria. Oh well you'll all have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can get this internet whachamacallit working.......

• 2 weeks later...

106rwkw at 5000rpm at 16psi apparently this is as much as a hotted up 5ltr HSV (cam exhaust, cold air) on his dyno. It was run in 5th gear.

This is a crap figure so you know I am not lying. There was no fan so the IC wasn't working (does that make sense.)

I have also had fitted a BOV that is set to 16.5psi, the turbo I got is not ceramic so it will go to 18psi.

Does anyone have a comment on how what dyno figures really mean.....?

He does it to simulate worst case scenarios for street cars IE 42 degrees start stop traffic on a freeway, but it doesn't help the wank factor of having some big bollocks number as your RWKW.

The problem was that the turbo blew up, I had to get a new one and then I was short a few parts because I bought something different than I thought it was... etc It had to have some major head work done too as it had lots of bits of turbo gone through it. So I am not complaining.

but if your in traffic your not going to be 5000rpm in 5th?? and in addition, if its 42 degrees, or just a generally hot ambient temperature day, you will probably take it easy or turn your boost down anyway ..

sounds very dodgey to me the general across the board thing is big bloody fan (to simulate the airspeed into your intercooler while you would be travelling along at 5000rpm!) and 4th gear as it is the 1:1 ratio as is mentioned thus its direct power to the ground through the diff. altho it will hit the limiter sometimes if you still have you, chances are your power curve will have started to drop by then anyway so it dun matter too much.

id say thanks to that guy for the help and go elsewhere that has a DynoDynamics Dyno which are the general across the board comparative dynos in australia now with the Shootout mode, and even not in shootout theyre very close now. so go somewhere else with a fan for $50 power run and see what you get in 4th gear.

thatd be more comparative to other pple i would assume !