SAU Community

What's cracking

Smally514

Just thought I'd share the start of my S2 R33 build. Started as a bit of a disappointment slowly working out the kinks and climbing the ladder of power :D94aeac0f786b08d434753bef08d558e4.jpg45dfa5d674ac0207fde536e72a3c7d66.jpg ok so that's what I started with. Mechanically was a bit of everything from a bitza turbo stock exhaust system with the only upgrade being an excessive cannon haha. Since then (this is all since November when I bought the car) I have hit 2 kangaroos within the first 2 weeks of owning the car :( so body work was in Order mainly for the front left guard as the second roo did a number on it. Rego was a nightmare but before I could even get upset about Dickson my turbo decides to blow up haha all within the first 3 months. So I decided to go with this bad boy da5dce4c1d6c5d4ccf45376dc94b2941.jpg GCG genuine Garret GTX 29/30. With custom 3" dump. Upon my mechanic replacing my turbo he discovered why my old one had a short life, turns out the previous people didn't think coolant feed was relevant for a turbo.....

So with that new delight under my hood I'm now running very safe tune of 230kw due to Stock Rods, injectors plus ECU. Goal is to have that upgraded within the next 6 months and run 280kw for a while until the almighty rebuild happens $$$$.

whilst the chrome rims looked flashy I knew I was in for performance with that in mind I went for a set of Koya Driftech's running 18"x8.5 front and 9.5 rears, my mechanic knew I would be pushing power some day so he strongly advised running 8.5 rears was a waste of time as traction (with the amount of power my goal is to push 350 plus eventually) would be a major issue haha. 2b5ad57c6f70937dce56c74956665344.jpg163de4de7eec1d27c8d5aea1f226c281.jpga18ae9cf8ddd471c80daf1e04d5746ea.jpge06899c8ce85216706cbd092578d5d22.jpg54df30fadb1f0ff2260e92d16f90f513.jpgd2b982c4e7e9a553c28994e509c44272.jpg I hope my pictures are uploading ok otherwise this post is just gonna look wack.

So that's basically my journey so far, oh I am also running HSD coilovers, also getting my whiteline sway bars put in on Monday can't wait!!!! All work carried out on the car so far is by Trojan motor sports, capital steering and suspension. Stereo is yet to be installed hahaha.

I left out some upgrades done by previous owners as I didn't want to babble to much, hope you enjoyed reading my post, any questions or interests feel free to hit me up cheers.

• Like 5

As Trex just stated, I'm thinking about the posisbility of stroking out to 3.4ltr RB30 bottom end. If I decide to stroke it.
oversized Pistons + Rods, already got 264mm cams will most probably go bigger full intake do over with forward facing plenum cold air intake. Etc basically planning on leaving nothing unturned until I have a reliable safe tune of 300kw-350kw. Until I go to top mount turbo. yes it will eventually consume children and small pets :D

• Like 1

Yea haha don't get me wrong I was well prepared for the critics of such a bold colour. Can't imagine what half the people say when they see it, but I'm happy with the finish result only thing that I was surprised with is that they weren't as bright as I thought they would be. (Did someone say fluro respray) :D

I was surprised for its size and being low mount also it's a billet wheel (AMAZING) once you go billet you will never go back!! And it's rated to 500hp and max boost of 25 psi. I'm only running wastegate pressure at the moment which is about 12pound. So once I get 2 stage EBC. Im keen on seeing what it's really capable of.

This looks great! Well done.

:welcome: 

Thanks very much it's a risky look and still plenty more to do but it's always nice to have good feedback cheers.
I'm getting my whiteline sway bars put in as we speak so it should be great through corners now aiding my coilovers.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Another little update.

My car has been out of action for the past week as I needed my 165,000 service. (Not very exciting)
so whilst in there I ordered a new ECU, injectors and a boost controller :D also figured out why my car wasn't boosting properly. Turns out from day 1 the bush/washer inside my internal waste gate was stuffed, so it was constantly leaking and when I would hold it for a nice pull the gate would jam wide open. Pleased that Trojan motors have done such a good job so far with diagnosing problems and doing very nice work on my car so a big shout out to them is in order.

• Like 1