SAU Community

I really dont know what it is but my car is f**ked

I really dont know what it is but my car is fucked

Can someone please help me with my 1996 r33 gtst series 2. I bought it 4 month ago at 290hp with apexi power fc and fmic and apexi pod filter and straight pipe exhaust with some shitty exhaust but still it sounded good still.

ever since i played with my pfc hand controller and dnt know what i did bt it wouldnt start. I got it fixed by hyperdrive they put new spark plugg and and put the setting back.

but what im on about is i got yellowed sticker took it back to hyperdrive found out the head was f**ked got a new one and put poncam in and now it pretty much a piece of shit 

From the little bit of that that I can actually understand, is you got a cam installed when you replaced the head and now the car isn't running the same as before?

Did you get it tuned with the new cam set up?

• Like 1

They said they tuned it to get it running. But costed me $3500. 

I paid for a second hand head that they got and cleaned it and that and i came in bought the poncam so they can put it in while it was open and did other stuff 

Yerh i got hyperdrive booked for friday. So i gotta wait till then.

but quick question.

my mate drove my car and he said might just be the clutch ? What you guys rekn? Cause i have heard from one person only short solid shifter is bad for the clutch. And i asked what slipping is and he told me that when u go to change gear and you rev it the gear doesnt go in properly so your just pretty much reving and it not in gear properly ?

what you guys thinks? Cause it clould be that and my and timing cause engine vibrate crazy ways to  

You could just rev the car with the gearbox in neutral to test your friends diagnosis. I would be willing to bet as stated previously in the comments that you have a timing issue though.  If in doubt always go back to the last repair that was made before the car started running like crap.

• 9 months later...