SAU Community

RB25DET S2 Injector voltage

the gap acutally helped. it revs till abt 6.7k when i release the throttle. it idles like its on 5 cylinders and clears up after 5 secs+- . and when i try to find which cylinder , it always ends up at number 5, ive tried swapping injectors around and same thing.. and i also noticed today, then when i advance (anti clockwise) the cas , my power fc with datalogit reads lower timing, when i retard (clockwise) it reads higher timing... wtf .. is my cas f*ked? or wiring ?

Ok I need to clear something up for you here. The readout on the Power FC is showing you a timing output - that is what the ECU is putting out timing wise

Adjusting it is to get the actual timing and the ECU timing (in simple terms) to match up. The reason you were probably getting a change in timing was because the engine was running differently and ECU was adjusting timing to suit.

The above is correct in terms of which way is retard and advance however
  • Like 1

On 28/11/2016 at 8:37 AM, 89CAL said:

Ok I need to clear something up for you here. The readout on the Power FC is showing you a timing output - that is what the ECU is putting out timing wise

Adjusting it is to get the actual timing and the ECU timing (in simple terms) to match up. The reason you were probably getting a change in timing was because the engine was running differently and ECU was adjusting timing to suit.

The above is correct in terms of which way is retard and advance however

ok.. now i get it. thanks for that.. did plenty of reading reg the advance and retard and finally got the grasp of that as well.

so i turned my focus to the afrs.

AFPR set 3bar - 0 vacuum , on vac - 2.5bar (liquid gauge type that came with afpr)
Plug gap 1mm

afrs on vacuum at abt 14.7 slowly free rev car, as soon as 0 vacuum on boost gauge, i see the afrs plummet to abt 11's . and ive alr adjust heaps on the correction map, yet it still plummets. so this got me thinking to reduce the afpr and watch the afrs again. so i had to reduce it from like 2.5bar(vac) to abt 1.9 to see afrs lean out to abt 16. from here.. i slowly adjusted the afpr back to about 2.3bar and did some corrections on the map..now the correction values seem more 'normal'.

so after checking afrs, i free revved the car, and it revved all the way to the redline this time with no miss and after releasing the throttle, the engine idles normally.. everything seems to be ok. no funky idle like on 5cyl, and engine doesnt die.

what the hell happened? ive reduce the pressure to 2.3bar before and adjusted afrs before, but it never fixed the issue.

but after dropping it severely to 1.8~1.9 forcing the lean out, this somehow got things working again.

1 more difference. it use to hold pressure after key off at around 1.5bar for quite a while like maybe minutes. now when i key off...it drops all pressure within seconds.

so something has changed. im just not sure how and why,

any ideas?

only thing i can think of is a faulty afpr. thats the only thing that could possibly be "fixed" by leaning out the pressure.

pulled out the vacuum line no visible fuel, but there was definitely scent of fuel.

maybe the diaphragm is starting to rupture? gonna try to replace the afpr and hope for the best