SAU Community

How to launch/burn out in NM35 Stagea?

West

How to launch/burn out in NM35 Stagea?

As per thread title and also want to keep the wagon forum alive ......

Might sounds d*mb but how do you launch/stall or do a burnt out in the Stagea? I drive manual cars since the day i got my license .... some 20 years ago ... god damn it i'm old :(. Do you put in manual mode, 1st gear then launch? Same apply to burnt out?

Gotta replace the 2 rear tyres soon so might as well have some fun first, in a controlled environment offcourse.

Car has brake cut mod, hi-flow

Cheers

To launch, (manual mode)hold brake down hard and I mean hard. Accelerator to the floor and wait. Should start spooling after 5 or so seconds, hold it there for a bit then release the brake and feel all that heavenly glory of your head slamming into the headrest. It works that way with a stock turbo. Don't know how the Highflow will go. What Highflow? For burnout, you'll most probably need to drop the front drive shaft.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, admS15 said:

To launch, (manual mode)hold brake down hard and I mean hard. Accelerator to the floor and wait. Should start spooling after 5 or so seconds, hold it there for a bit then release the brake and feel all that heavenly glory of your head slamming into the headrest. It works that way with a stock turbo. Don't know how the Highflow will go. What Highflow? For burnout, you'll most probably need to drop the front drive shaft.

Shite

This don't sounds good with Kakimoto exhaust. I have had many 4wd launches in the old gtr, i understand what you meant about heavenly glory, look at my signature :).

I got Sierra hi-flow, stag 1 from previous info as i didn't arrange the works myself.

Accelerator to the floor and wait. Should start spooling after 5 or so seconds, hold it there for a bit then release the brake

Make sure the brake cut is doing its thing (IE, so signal to the ECU) Manual in first, left foot on the brake and right foot to the floor and wait.

With the stock turbo it'll eventually start turning the rears a little after a while, not too sure about the highflow, though I've normally launched by then.

As for a burnout I find the old pump the brake to kill  the attessa works fine, I dont do it very often (so far a whole of twice since I bought the car) so any issue of pressure being in the center diff is neither here nor there. 4 pumps then hold for the 5th as you start the car, 4WD light will come on and youre good to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGZED said:

Make sure the brake cut is doing its thing (IE, so signal to the ECU) Manual in first, left foot on the brake and right foot to the floor and wait.

With the stock turbo it'll eventually start turning the rears a little after a while, not too sure about the highflow, though I've normally launched by then.

As for a burnout I find the old pump the brake to kill  the attessa works fine, I dont do it very often (so far a whole of twice since I bought the car) so any issue of pressure being in the center diff is neither here nor there. 4 pumps then hold for the 5th as you start the car, 4WD light will come on and youre good to go.

Pump the brake to kill attessa is NEW, i've never heard of this. 

Have you tuned your car yet?

Khoa

Its how you bleed the attessa system IIRC? Read about it many moons ago.

Just running an Impul, you saw my car down at scotts the other week. Its pretty stock, just the impul, exhaust and FMIC, and a plenum spacer really in the way of power mods.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BIGZED said:

Its how you bleed the attessa system IIRC? Read about it many moons ago.

Just running an Impul, you saw my car down at scotts the other week. Its pretty stock, just the impul, exhaust and FMIC, and a plenum spacer really in the way of power mods.

Oh for some reasons, i thought i heard you have Emanage ready to go in. 

I do, its sitting on the floor in my bedroom ready to go.

Need to scrounge some cash together to install it, I'm broke as shit right now.

Maybe its 5 pumps? every time I've tried it its worked, I tried it randomly one night while at a skid pan, thought I'd give it a crack. Not 100% sure as I went from memory. Someone a bit more educated should probably weigh in

• Like 2