SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Also what rice body kit bits can we add to the missus Tiguan to make it look less mum spec? 

Maxton Designs do small lips and stuff that might suit your aesthetic needs.

Not sure if you got the PFL or FL MK2, just have a look here:

https://www.ausbodyworks.com.au/collections/tiguan

• Like 1

Oh wow, these actually look quite nice. Might be a bit too subtle and still look mum spec though in my opinion.

What about wheels? I saw a Golf wagon the other day with some fancy rotiforms on it. Very unexpected and it looked great as they transformed the look of the whole car. Though depending on how the car is driven it may result in anguish having them murdered on curbs.

The 20s ride ok, just not with the Continental Contact Sport 5 it comes with. I've replaced them with Pirelli Scorpion Verde and it rides much better, albeit lost cornering grip and straight line traction.

I can blaze the front tyre(s) when I mash the pedal before the Haldex kicks in.

7 hours ago, MBS206 said:

The country doesn't have gutters. Just huge ditches on the side of the road... 😛

I went to a CFA call out, during that wet AF winter, thought I'll put my car off the side of the road to clear the way, woops, too far, dropped in up to the sill on the passenger side immediately, did call out, had a few goes at getting it out (had just switched back to road tyres, no good lol).

Chucked my rear hitch receiver onto the DELP guys car and used my winch to pull the noise back out onto the road lol

Scratched my rims too :(

So yeah, I love those ditches!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Man, R33 interior is iconic to me, mad memories. 

The rear floor mats.

Even to this day I reckon are wickedly awesome!

Some days I wish I still had some of that stuff for mine rather than stripped out to be used for track work only. At the time though, someone needed a way to make it less street able so I would keep my license / not die.

40 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

The rear floor mats.

Even to this day I reckon are wickedly awesome!

Some days I wish I still had some of that stuff for mine rather than stripped out to be used for track work only. At the time though, someone needed a way to make it less street able so I would keep my license / not die.

The Yaris has the floor mats from my 86

They are the best part of the interior LOL

No more mods, car is done, etc.

image.thumb.png.3dd195362f2e2686743844fb0032680a.png

So turns out my tiny AF lift pump is still moving enough fuel to pressurise my surge tank and even the fuel rail when both surge pumps are off. I'm getting about 0.55bar of fuel pressure at the rail with the surge pumps off and only the lift pump running.

This means that the OEM venturi/siphon is causing a massive restriction, enough to build that pressure. I've been told it's not too much to be worried about, however the inner efficient Asian that I am says no!

Pressurisation of the surge tank & running the lift pump harder does three things:

• degrades the surge pumps quicker
  • more load on the electrical system as the surge works harder
  • by product of the above, more heat is generated
  • (possibly point 4) more heat generated means all 3x pumps swim in a warmer fuel soup and degrade faster

So yeah, at some stage I will need to remove that stupid fuel tank lid/hat/cover whatever the fk you want to call it and pop off the OEM venturi/siphon and pop this one on - pretty straight forward really, just massive CBF as I will smell like shit and inhale heaps of petrol in the process.

• Like 1