SAU Community

R32 For sale

That's the car I started this topic about. I was VERY interested in the car until I saw that grading. No matter how good the inspection results where I feel that its way over priced with a R grading. What I couldn't understand is why it received the grading but had no noted panel repairs on the auction sheet. Did you receive a Japanese history check on the car? I got an auction sheet from heartbeart and wasn't sure if it was doctored or not. I too was confused with the meaning of the grading and it was enough to put me off.

Just curious, but if spending that much through a dealer why not just source one from Japan directly? 50k landed/complied will get you a ~3 mil JPY car, which is a pretty healthy budget and gives you lots of options

jaysevu - I didn't mate, like you i backed off completely when i saw the grading. I made contact with another importer i know and asked him what his thoughts were. He came back and gave me an overview of what he found out about the vehicle. When it was imported the car left with 17" BBS wheels and an electronic boost controller fitted; both of which are no longer fitted to the vehicle. He was also under the impression that the car had been hit in the rear and repaired however i was told by the seller something different.

Im not too concerned about the repairs, provided they have done a good job then that all that really matters. My biggest issue is the grading, although it may have only been a minor repair i think its enough to scare off potential sellers in the future.....

Hi Guys, 

I have no vested interest in the car either way but I did look at it for another forum member.

I ran my paint thickness gauge over the entire car and the only paint anomaly I could find was the passenger front guard.

For the bonnet and door not to have been painted suggests the damage would have been minor.

It did have correct books and documentation. N1 headlights, Oil cooler and relocation kit.

A grade 4B car other than the guard repair.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bob.

047.JPG

065.JPG

056.JPG

060.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

061.JPG

062.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

079.JPG

080.JPG

081.JPG

064.JPG

070.JPG

072.JPG

4 hours ago, Vl_Calais said:

jaysevu - I didn't mate, like you i backed off completely when i saw the grading. I made contact with another importer i know and asked him what his thoughts were. He came back and gave me an overview of what he found out about the vehicle. When it was imported the car left with 17" BBS wheels and an electronic boost controller fitted; both of which are no longer fitted to the vehicle. He was also under the impression that the car had been hit in the rear and repaired however i was told by the seller something different.

Im not too concerned about the repairs, provided they have done a good job then that all that really matters. My biggest issue is the grading, although it may have only been a minor repair i think its enough to scare off potential sellers in the future.....

Did he elaborate on why he believed it had been hit in the rear? In regards to the repainted panels the seller did confirm the front left guard had received paint and also the bonnet which is why it received the RA grading. If that was the only repair (repainted panels) then I would have thought id would have got a 4 grade with XX marked on the bonnet and guard so I'm assuming there was more too it and there are some signs of further damage repaired.

• 3 weeks later...