SAU Community

method for cleaning light dust of exterior paint?

dont.

just leave it. if it needs to be cleaned or if you want it to be shiney just clean it properly with water. no matter what you use your going to drag dust across your paint. as minute as the scratches are you will be scratching the paint.

if it that light just leave it, if it not that light just clean it.

On 04/01/2017 at 8:45 AM, GH05T said:

dont.

just leave it. if it needs to be cleaned or if you want it to be shiney just clean it properly with water. no matter what you use your going to drag dust across your paint. as minute as the scratches are you will be scratching the paint.

if it that light just leave it, if it not that light just clean it.                          Just asking because I don't want to put the car cover on if there is dust on the car.

• 1 month later...

Buy yourself a gallon of Meguiar's last touch from sparesbox and a bag of microfibre towels from Costco

Mist the panel, wipe lightly with one towel in one direction to pick up the dust then follow up with a second clean towel to remove any leftover streaks

I used this method for years on my S14 when driving it on weekends and before putting a cover on it. If done right you won't have any swirling issues. Having a decent coat of wax will also help

The least invasive way for dust/pollen;

- rinse

- quick detail / DAMP dry - can be used with a towel and any spray wax/detailer

Edited by squareznboxez