SAU Community

Some one ask me what a TD27T looks like in a R32

Well!

she moved under her own starter motor power yesterday!

by the looks of things I need the auto front driveshaft with a manual spline to get length correct. I'm about a inch off. 

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2017 at 0:17 PM, XRATED said:

...progress?

Yeah nah good.

sorry guys been slow lately.... my rano blew a gearbox so bought another spare truck haha.

drove the 32 round the block with no turbo... ran like a sack... but SHE DROVE!!!!!

im now onto the long list of small shit..... will post updates with specific how I go at around issues as I come across them. 

So far we have. 

Desil pump
Desil lines
Turbo manifold
Turbo lines
Turbo
Altinator
Altinator brake booster
Hot pipe
Water pump
Heater pipes
Power steering pump
Power steering lines - res to rack - pump to rack
Radiator - brackets and pipes.
Bonnet support damage
Bonnet hinges
Battery - battery clamps - second battery in boot
Un-rangi the throttle
Thermostat
Glow plug loom
Speedo
Tacho
Water temp
Oil temp
Passenger mirror
Dash
Front seats
Door cards
Rear seats
Carpet
Cabin / boot flame plate
Centre console
Sills 
Drive shaft
Drive shaft hoops
Fuel tank cradle
Cradle seal
Fuel line hose clamps
Rear and front plate lights
Exhaust
Radiator over flow
Gearbox tunnel

and last of as is desil pump solenoid and boost cutoff. 

Un-rangi the throttle.

Nissan terrano TD27T auto throttle cable.

firewall backing plate needed some massaging to make it fit the r32 chassis. Little bit longer than what was needed. 

how ever one full throw on the throttle pedal moved the Dessie pump throttle from idle to wide open perfectly! 

Side note.... if I had a thermostat in my garage it would currently be sitting on F**king cold! 

IMG_1469.JPG

• Like 1

So oil pressure.......

i obviously want want the factory gauge on my dash to work. Will try and see if a RB20de oil pressure sender fits in the td block tonight that would make the most sense then the guage would be calabraited for that's sensor assuming the TD runs pressure inside the ranges that the RB sender can guage, and the wiring is already there from the R32 chassis loom...

there was another thing, oh RPM. Apparently on the front of the desil pump is a crank angle sensor for this....... I am unsure.....

power steering will be back in a week after the doctor cuts everything to bits and makes everything out of braided... should look quite sexy ;) 

Desil lines to be moved. Hand pump and filter to be relocated to drivers side of engine bay removing over 3m of solid lines. Contemplating putting this in the boot but unsure on operation at this distance. Need to check. 

IMG_1475.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah boi!

slow going this week..... the mother ship (gold rano) decided to blow her 1st 2nd 5th and reverse as well as rear diff.... what a fun ordeal....

blew the motor in the parts truck.... she didn't like swimming..... 

turbo is now on skyline motor..... 

power slteering is done. Braided lines all round baby and short as shit. 600mm if any one is wondering. For all three lines. With res moved to left side of brake booster.

desil hand pump and filter moved to down beside battery spot. Nice short lines on that too....

might go see a engine builder in the next few weeks and see if they want to do something stupid with the blowen motor.... if it's fixable lol.

turbo fins on compressor side of skyline are absolutely rooted... but no play... so free boosting till the turbo blows it is haha 

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So I hit a snag. Shit came up had to put this build on hold blah blah blah......

just got back from a 600km venture to pick up ANOTHER TD27T 4000k on it. 

In the mail from Auckland is a A/R .50 with a AR.63 compressor. T3t4, external 38mm gate, 

AND WAIT FOR IT.

coming from some were in the land of OI the dingo ate my baby, is a 10lb nitrous kit and all the shit to hook it up ;) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I broke my truck again FFS. All three spare altinators failed within 12 hours ;(

on a side note how sick is this, got a call from the land of drop bears. NOS is 8 weeks ago as they ran out of stock ;(.

but. 

IMG_2007.JPG

• Like 1

Props for giving this a go

This is the stuff that people usually only imagine or talk about on paper, but never actually do it just to see what would happen...because it seems crazy and pointless, so you never actually find out what would happen. And for that reason, this is cool. I'd have been interested to see what an RD28 would do, as it is a more squared off stroke and revs higher than most Diesel engines (based on the RB family anyway) - probably more suitable to the Skyline diffs. But fk it, this is more interesting because it makes less sense. Speaking of - what are you doing about gear ratios being short or does the Navara box take care of it?

Wish I had the crazy creativity and motivation to do stuff like this...

yeah i understand but i honestly dont consider the turbo to be a critical component in the car

BAHAHAHAHAHA I just lost my toys reading that ! 

The whole doing on pape bit is the part that make sure me giggle the most. (Not sure if you have see no my other post about a RB in a 4x4 D21 Navara but I feel you need to finding it ;) )

gear ratio: I don't know. Is the simple answer. I have the factory RB20de Manual diff in there. I don't even know I feel that will handle the torque increase. 

Navara td box has very similar ratio to the 4x4 one. So with 600+ NM we're expecting a very quick 0-100 time. After that she won't have the revs to go past 130 ( I imagine.)

got another gearbox to regear with 20det internals tho so it will be a wing and a miss. 

PROGRESS!!!!

new ( cough cough 400km) motor got dropped in. Annnnnnd turbo is too big ( wish some one would say that to me some nights ) off to the engineers my manifold goes. 

2 options turbo mounted in front of the motor with 2" custom manifold feeding it. OR very high top mount. Issue there is i loose my strut brace and that's is a no no.

fiber glass 25mm guards on the way.

fiber glass GTR front bumper on the way.

oil relocation kit on the way.

nitrous 6 week away.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

• Like 3

Any one here watch house of muscle ?

go watch episode ten on YouTbe..... yummy.... 

so off came the sump that's the poor engineers problem now. Motor sitts so low in the engine bay I fear lowering I think as the sump is close to the ground. Future issues. Blahhhhh

how ever. Everything is just held in with rope to get a idea In my head. But what do y'all think  of this? 

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...