SAU Community

Efr turbo housing and waste gate options.

Efr turbo housing and waste gate options.

Im about to start fitting a efr 9174 to rb26 with 264 cams on e85.

Custom manifold.

Is the 1.05 ewg t4 ts housing the way to go and what size waste gate/s will I get away with? 

Will run 25 to 30 psi.

Not sure on the wastegates but I would say you are on the correct path with that housing (without knowing your displacement, intended use, etc). My 2.75 L stock bore stroker will hit 21 psi at 3,600 rpms in 3rd gear from a 2k rolling punch on the .92 IWG 8374. I have smaller cams like you and have set them to overlap for more mid range. It is a punchy street car 93 octane setup for sure and I like it (E85 is still not at the pump here), but I know I'm leaving power on the table at top end with cams overlapped and the smaller IWG housing. You being on the 9174 I would say definitely would require more exhaust AR.

Twin 38's would be ample!

A few examples of twin 38's being used without any problems;

- Ian's RB34/6466 and no problems running 12 psi

- Intune's RB30/8374. 

-Nismo3.2ish's RB32/8374.

Alot of guys run single 50 mm gates. They have an area of 1964mm2. Twin 38's have an area of 1134.5714 x 2 which is 2269mm2. 

Considering you want to run it "fairly hard", you won't be wasting a hell of a lot of gas, I can't see why you'd need anything larger than twin 38's.

38 minutes ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Valve size is one part of the puzzle.  Efficient flow paths to/from the gates are right up there too.

So if you could run similar manifold/piping as cited above ^^ should be ok.  

Of course. That's assuming the manifold is half decent ?.