SAU Community

Help, What coilovers go on a 2000 r34 gt sedan?

Help, What coilovers go on a 2000 r34 gt sedan?

Hey guys, im pretty new to the skyline crew, and to the SAU community ive just bought myself a 2000, r34 sedan N/A and i was wondering what coilovers would fit? I've done some research but not 100% percernt sure what will fit.

Help would be much appreciated :) Located QLD

Edited by Billy 34

Have a look at your rear suspension. There are 2 types. Eyelet and fork. It should be pretty obvious what you have. (I'd be betting eyelet) in which case you would need R33 coilovers or ones that are specifically for the 25gt variant.

3 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

All of them. Most popular atm seems to be MCA, could also go HSD/BC/Tein/ebayspec/pedders/bilsteins depends on your budget and application

Edit: MCA is from QLD, support the locals ;)

Yeah bro, but would they just be r34 gt sedans?

Yep, their the same as mine. R33 coilovers should bolt straight in. There mine be some differences on different coilovers. Just know to get to the top of the rears you need to remove the backseat. (At least on the coupe)

1 minute ago, Binarydata said:

Yep, their the same as mine. R33 coilovers should bolt straight in. There mine be some differences on different coilovers. Just know to get to the top of the rears you need to remove the backseat. (At least on the coupe)

i have a sedan bro, would they be any 33 ones, because i heard i need 33 gtr coils to fit?

Edited by Billy 34

Just now, GTofuS-T said:

No, the GTR rear coilovers are the fork style same as R34 GT-T, the GT is eyelet as above which woudl be the same as R33 GTS-T (and GTS I would assume?)

alright mad, ill scout some out tonight, not sure if i should get someone to change them for me or if i should give it ago haha :) cheers for your help brother

3 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Give it a go yourself and save your money. its very easy, will probs take about 3 or 4 hours if you haven't done it before.

I'll give it all, heard the spring are dangerous and can fling out if they aren't pulled out correctly