SAU Community

C34 Xanavi problems!! help!!

wattooo

Hi all, 
So basically my Series 1 C34 stag was stolen and I was lucky enough to get it back!
When I got it back I noticed my Xanavi system won't turn on at all BUT my climate control is working and seems to be permanently stuck on auto (my xanavi system houses my climate control so there's no way to turn it off without getting the xanavi to turn on).
Before I go spend some cash on an auto elec to diagnose/ fix, just wondering if anyone's had this issue before or would have an idea of what my problem could be so I could have a more educated look myself?

Would the thief unplug something when stealing the car?
unlucky timing with fuses?

Extra info;
Cigarette/ 12v power still works 
my gearshift lights (P R N D 2 1) turn on from time to time but very occasional - worked perfectly before
the light for my "power/ snow" switch still works when in power mode
when I got it back my centre console was popped open (assuming it was done when stealing)

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers, Nick.

AS I mentioned on the facebook page, the Xanavi units are known for failing. Usually it is the internal power control unit or dry joints that have happened over time. The units run very hot and the cooling system in them is not adequate for the heat generated.

Does the unit beep when you power on?