SAU Community

Unmodified split spray EV14 injectors ?

Hi all , of late I've been looking into unmodified split or twin spray EV14 injectors because they are supposed to work better on 4 valve engines .

Firstly unmodified . EV14 injectors were the ducks guts when they first turned up and then mobs like Injector Dynamics and others found ways to remove the caps off their tips and increase their flow rates . Thing is the atomisation is probably better with the multi hole cap on and these days you can buy them standard in higher flow rates without the circumcision .

I think there is an issue with a single spray injector and 4 valve per cylinder inlet ports , probably not the best idea to be spraying at the port divider when you want the atomised fuel air mix heading towards the inlet valves . I found some info at Air Power Systems and they show pics of Ford XR6T inlet ports and these look like they have twin paths cast into their inlet ports for twin spray injectors . 

I'd like to hear what people think of the twin spray injector idea .

Cheers , A .

11 hours ago, discopotato03 said:

I think there is an issue with a single spray injector and 4 valve per cylinder inlet ports , probably not the best idea to be spraying at the port divider when you want the atomised fuel air mix heading towards the inlet valves

IIRC heat from the back of the inlet valve is used to help atomise the fuel.

The Siemens Deka 60lb/hr ones are the only ones that I can think of.  They need 6 bar to get there though.

Actually, I take that back.  They do an 80lb/h one too.

And even Xspurt have an unmodified Bosch 950 3/4 don't they?  Just not in the Neo section.

Edited by GTSBoy

There is a Bosch Motorsport injector that is a split cone design at 1019cc/Min.

1019cc Part number is: B 280 436 469-01 

They are special order Motorsport. You can't afford them. I'm talking 700 euros per Injector.

the long nose 980cc injector (040) with the diffuser plate on it works fine in a 4 port as you get a decent diffused spray.

only real affordable split cone option is the 627cc (123) which is a proper 20 degree split.

The best reasonably high flowing injector as far as stratification goes is the bosch 731cc injector (235). Its an 11 hole diffuser plate and I believe used in the 2017 ford GT V6 engine.

the 1500cc Bosch on the other hand has no plate so is a jet straight onto the intake divider (same as all the aftermarket injectors) and no where as good at low flow rates/idle etc.

I'd go the 980cc if I could get away with it, but for my power level (500akwk) I'm stuck with the 1500.

ANSU do an injector that starts as a 1500cc then they add a diffuser to it. No experience with I though and they're pricey.

Edited by burn4005

Heavy oil, lighter oils (like industrial diesels), gas, coal, petcoke - all as main fuels on their own or co-fired. Plus alternative fuels like waste oils & solvents, sewage sludge, Refuse Derived Materials (RDF, C&I waste, etc), biomass like rice husks, sunflower husks, grape mark, nut shells.

• Like 1

What I really need is a Neo manifold that doesn't have a rusted out upper radiator hose outlet .

What I also really need is a Neo turbo water fitting that presses into the front of the block below the inlet manifold because the upper curved tube off it is larger than the R33 version . 

Talk soon cheers A .

I had time to search a bit further into these twin spray injectors mostly at XR6 Turbo sites . 

This is basically what the Ford crowd reckon , just remember I'm no XR6T person.

They claim the FG F6 has 440cc injectors and they look more like an EV6 than an EV14 style injector . Same length as the 3/4 length EV14 .

Owners reckon they are good for around 340 RWKW on Pulp or 290 odd on E85 .

There are two 3/4 length Bosch EV14s available that were used in Mustang GT500 quad cam V8s , the 2007-12 ones were apparently 47 lb and the 2013-2014 versions 55 lb flow injectors . 

The question I have for Skyline tuners is how far past 300 RWKW do you think these 55lb/525s could go on a reasonably well set up RB25 . 

Thanks in advance , cheers A .