SAU Community

R34 Diff issues

hey, guys, I have a bit of an issue, pretty much my diff opens when I'm doing a donut but its locked every other time, I changed the diff oil and it seems to lock a lot more better and I can get a donut going but then it ends up opening and locking randomly

Seriously man, it’s people like you that give JDM drivers a bad name. Time to think about your appreciating asset. What’s the value in doing donuts? Who are you trying to impress? Have you thought about the consequences? 

9 minutes ago, Paul V said:

Seriously man, it’s people like you that give JDM drivers a bad name. Time to think about your appreciating asset. What’s the value in doing donuts? Who are you trying to impress? Have you thought about the consequences? 

what consequences are there doing a donut at my farm?

His car, he can do whatever he wants.

Back to the topic at hand as mentioned it's more or less working as designed. If you're really wanting to lock it up, consider a mechanical LSD.

You can also weld it, but I and many others wouldn't recommend it.

20 hours ago, Paul V said:

Appreciating asset? You obviuosly have no idea how Xteen's treat their NA R34's :4_joy:

Just weld it, simple easy and effective. Nowhere near as good as a mechanical LSD but if you want to do skids then it works a treat.

I offer a diff welding service to help people in need. You bring me diff, I weld diff, you do donuts.

Everyone happy.

True Jdm drivers love welded diffs.

2 hours ago, Paul V said:

You are right.a donut that starts off good then turns into a single spinner gives jdm drivers a bad name.

For that reason alone a welded diff is superior.

Also, on the topic I have impressed myself many times with a decent donut. No need for spectators, my own admiration is enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paul V said:

it is quite an assumption, without any further enquiry as to where said donuts are being allegedly performed and in what fashion. Doing donuts is about as much fun as eating them; ie lots.

Doing donuts in middle of busy city intersection = bad (although have seen it done...dickheads)

Doing donuts in appropriate place = sensual.

6 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Also, on the topic I have impressed myself many times with a decent donut. No need for spectators, my own admiration is enough.

damn straight Big B. It reminds me of the time I did backside deckers and pivot-fakies on the vert ramp at Merimbula. No one believed me, in fact they called me a liar. A liar they said, but I knew the real truth, and the truth did set me free.

although I also ate shit many times in attempting said backside deckers.

• Like 2