SAU Community

Wheel Nuts for GT-C's

Hi all,

I have a hard question to answer and hoping someone here might know. 

While the GTR is dormant, I'm making a few additions to my WRX. I've just picked up a set of GT-C's which are off being restored, but the wheel nut situation is giving me hepatitis.

GT-C's are famous for being a unique wheel nut fitment and I'm trying to find an alternative option than tracking down original GT-C nuts. 

I've heard that Work RC nuts are potentially compatible https://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/work/rc-nuts

This would be a double benefit as they'd match the WRC Blue of the Rex. 

To my eye, they don't look like they'd fit.

Does anyone know if they would be compatible? I'd rather not order them, then find out they don't fit.... like I just did with a set of Rays standard nuts. 

Alternatively, if anyone knows of any other nuts which would fit, that would be helpful, too.

image.png.026d64e3b6e5498e9a9f9d6a5c7438a6.png

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Andrew.

Edited by Veilside R33

Interesting issue, I'd have thought the style above is the best chance of fitting as it has a very narrow wall for a 12mm threaded stud. 17mm socket is the smallest I've ever seen for M12 studs

What didn't fit with the rays nut? Was it that the nut could not run onto the stud, or that the provided tool did not fit inside the wheel? If the latter you might have luck which a specifically designed thin wall deep socket.

Personally I wouldn't use aluminium but that's for race nuts not road ones where it may not be such an issue. 

@Duncan So the unique thing about the GT-C nuts is that they don't use a socket around the perimetre, like most nuts. It's an open end and the tool locks to the inside. The standard rays Duralumin nuts are too wide and can't pass through the holes to access the thread.

@Jordy32 Thanks. Saw those and will order them if I can't find an aftermarket alternative. They're perfectly sufficient, but I'd rather something aftermarket as a first preference (like Kics, Work, etc). Good to know they're there as a fall-back if need be, though.