SAU Community

Hi, I've been searching with no luck around the web, I'm trying to find out pinouts on the f3 plug for an engine conversion 

if anyone can have a look or trace the ecu plug to the f3 plug

just need vss speed/ revs/mil / dash temp and ignition might aswell put fuel pump for future reference for others 

just doing a engine conversion  sold the main engine loom with the engine

I am pretty sure yellow/green is speed and yellow/red is rpm  not sure on mil light or temp any help would be wonderful thanks

Thanks Rusty, I've already got that the mil light changes from a orange with black stripe I'm thinking it may turn into orange but that's going on S13 wiring n it could be any colour really I'll grab a test light on the weekend and post a pinout ... Also anyone know if the Speedo needs a AC wave like the S13 or if a square wave is fine 

AFAIK the output from the skyline box is an AC wave that is converted by the cluster to an output usable by both speedo and ecu. The speed signal starts out at the speed sensor as a +/-1 volt sawtooth (roughly AC) signal generated by the rotation of the sensor.  The 2 wires associated with this go to the cluster, where the speedo reads it and displays it.  The speedo head also converts the signal to a 0-5v square wave pulse that it puts onto the bus.  The ECU looks for that signal.( Thanks to GTS Boy for this info in previous post)

You got so lucky i'm removing the head off of my 25det today so here are some pics, the plug on the harness is two pin not three the additional black is in the second pic and is earthed to the igniter. The two in two pin plug are white and black20180601_105128.thumb.jpg.0929a6f553ade37f5087763e98c80241.jpg

20180601_110542.jpg

Edited by Rusty Nuts

The white is power 12v+ and goes to every centre pin on the coil plugs. The various pinks with stripes (except cyl 1 which is black with pink stripe) go to pin left of white when looking at rear of coil plug. The black goes to the right. The black and Red in your diagram is probably the timing light breakout ,check for continuity with No.1. Happy to help so ask away, I drove myself mad wiring a Neo into a Series 1. 

Edited by Rusty Nuts