SAU Community

ECU wiring clean up BNR32

I'm trying to solve a dead #6 cylinder issue. Today while I was troubleshooting the blue/white wire from the ecu i noticed a lot of suspect wiring and things that don't look oem. What do you think? Are these oem connections? Blue tape? Silver wire/ that seems like shielding from 2 larger wires but they are grounded by the black wire. I know the electric tape on the wires going to the ground junction connector are not oem. Note the clear wire coming out of the brown wire that goes into the ecu. The clear wire is oem? Just wondering about everything else. Am thinking maybe this car had an aftermarket ecu or interface installed at one time and this is the result of it being removed. 

IMG-3403.jpg

IMG-3404.jpg

IMG-3408.jpg

IMG-3409.jpg

IMG-3411.jpg

IMG-3414.jpg

IMG-3416.jpg

Edited by "G"

We have tried to help you, you ungrateful moron, YOU are the one who has taken a shotgun approach to diagnosis, take a look back at your imbecilic posts, and go and purchase a sense of humour.

Edited by Rusty Nuts
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Jesus. That is one hell of a mess.
I'm not an expert on these things, but potentially it could be as you say, an after market ECU.
It could also be (have been) alarm/immobiliser/tracker or possibly even a drive control module (to adjust front to rear bias).

What ever was there, probably doesnt matter too much now, but it would be wise to tidy that up and make those connections neat and safe.
Even if it doesn't fix your issue now, that mess is guaranteed to cause problems down the line.

It looks worse than it really is because I have pulled all the wires apart while investigating. 
Ok. No worries. But twisting and taping wires should be punishable with a jail sentance.

Whoever did this prior to you, hasn't done it right, i hope you can clean it up and it doesn't cause you any problems.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, "G" said:

I was hoping these wires were the culprit but no dice.

image.jpeg.e5fdb36521255bedc18dcab22abe802e.jpegimage.jpeg.31b43334c024d122176d84dd417365f1.jpeg

This is a consult port                       This is a consult cable

Buy a cable and you don't need hope, you don't need to remove the piston through the sump, just plug it in and start diagnosis like a real human.

• Like 1