SAU Community

Rb25det neo injector

Hi guys,

so buying qll bits i need for my upgrade and what is left is a tubonand injectors.

turbo will be a hybrid bolt on build by uk company.

re injector, they cost around £600. Alternative is r35 gtr injectors and reading numerous posts it seems they are a straight fit but some say you need to change an o ring. Can anyone share their experience on this?

is it a straight fit?

i see lots of sets going for £200 sexond hand and also few set of either bosch or denso at £160 for 6 injectors brand new. Is it too cheap to be true / good quality?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-GTR-R35-INJECTORS-STANDARD-X-6-R34-R32-R33-GTT/153354371979?hash=item23b4a2038b:g:grsAAOSwrfRcTZjQ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Genuine-750cc-Turbo-Fuel-Injector-71lb-Direct-Fit-Nissan-GTR-R35-350Z-G35-M35/183394861581?fits=Model%3AGT-R|Plat_Gen%3AR35&hash=item2ab32f820d:g:67QAAOSwvu5bfBkX

if i fit them in, considering my original ones are 370 cc, would the car run at all for me to drive to dynonplace?

I think answer is no as it will flood the engine with fuel. 

So my second question is if i fit it after installing my link ecu  with base image, could i just go there an change the injector size so it will let me drivr it to the garage?

You want to buy ~1000cc (or more like 1100cc these days) Bosch EV14 based injectors from a reputable supplier.  Get the right length ones for the Neo, with wiring adaptors.  viz https://www.injectorsonline.com/au/fuel-injectors/nissan/rb25-neo.html

You're looking at ~$100 ozzy each.  Not 100 pounds each.

And no, you cannot fit massive injectors and drive it to the dyno.  Get them fitted there.

And do't buy injectors from random ebay shitters unless you know the ebay seller as another vendor elsewhere - like, I'd buy from injectors online** (see my link) on ebay if there was a special or something.

**or any of several others.

R35 injectors are a waste of time, stop being brain washed by the stupid Americans.

Get some nice 3/4 top feeds, in the right size and be done with it. Make sure the injectors are 3/4 length NOT 1/2 length with extenders to make them 3/4 as they will not work!

Some suppliers say they "fit" but really they don't, I learnt the hard way from reading way too much internets. Enjoy the read here:

On 2/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, GTSBoy said:

You want to buy ~1000cc (or more like 1100cc these days) Bosch EV14 based injectors from a reputable supplier.  Get the right length ones for the Neo, with wiring adaptors.  viz https://www.injectorsonline.com/au/fuel-injectors/nissan/rb25-neo.html

You're looking at ~$100 ozzy each.  Not 100 pounds each.

And no, you cannot fit massive injectors and drive it to the dyno.  Get them fitted there.

And do't buy injectors from random ebay shitters unless you know the ebay seller as another vendor elsewhere - like, I'd buy from injectors online** (see my link) on ebay if there was a special or something.

**or any of several others.

thanks, question I have is one of the tuners I spoke to was saying you can't fit a much larger injector than what the car needs. so for instance if you fit a 1000cc to a 400hp, the spray pattern is differnt and can run rich and die in traffic lights by flooding engine.

not sure if that is a correct statement but purely what I was told hence checking. it doesn't sound right to me as you can tune the duty cycle but again not sure if the duty cycle is at 10%, what will happen. would you end up with uneven spray ....

re injectors you suggested, are they a straight fit with a need to do the wiring only ?

On 2/4/2019 at 2:38 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

R35 injectors are a waste of time, stop being brain washed by the stupid Americans.

Get some nice 3/4 top feeds, in the right size and be done with it. Make sure the injectors are 3/4 length NOT 1/2 length with extenders to make them 3/4 as they will not work!

Some suppliers say they "fit" but really they don't, I learnt the hard way from reading way too much internets. Enjoy the read here:

so if I read correctly in injector size is 3/4 inch or 1.92 cm for rb25det neo ?

14 minutes ago, drifter17a said:

thanks, question I have is one of the tuners I spoke to was saying you can't fit a much larger injector than what the car needs. so for instance if you fit a 1000cc to a 400hp, the spray pattern is differnt and can run rich and die in traffic lights by flooding engine.

This is true of old school injectors but not the better injectors for sale now.

3 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

i looked up the bosch injectors, unless I buy it from AU . it is much more expensive in the UK.

Almost anything you buy here is twice the price. an extreme clutch and flywheel did cost me £1k in gbp which is around 1.7 aud.

can't assume it will be that much in AU. injector dynamic is quite respected and well known here but pricey . has anyone used them ?

how about sard?

19 minutes ago, drifter17a said:

not sure if that is a correct statement but purely what I was told hence checking. it doesn't sound right to me as you can tune the duty cycle but again not sure if the duty cycle is at 10%, what will happen. would you end up with uneven spray ....

re injectors you suggested, are they a straight fit with a need to do the wiring only ?

3 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

^ What he said.

Follow Dose Pipe's advice - 3/4 is not a diameter or a length.  It is 3/4 of full length injectors.  The same basic injector is usually available in 1/2, 3/4 and full length.

Also, I have pointed you at injectorsonline.com for a good reason.  Read the info attached to each injector on offer there for Neos.....

checked them out on injectorsonline but that is AU, by the time I pay postage/ tax and ... it cost the same as what I could buy here hence why I wanted to fit r35 injectors as they are way cheaper

https://www.injectorsonline.com/gb/fuel-injectors/nissan/rb25-neo/1000cc-xspurt-injectors-x-6.html

have you used xsprut ? at £392 doesn't seem to bad

9 hours ago, drifter17a said:

Your tuner is a moron, find a new one.

I run 1550cc injectors and my car doesn't die at the lights nor does it flood the engine.