SAU Community

Window Motor Clicking

so i’ve just replaced my drivers side window motor. i had pulled the door apart and put everything back together except the door card/trim with no problems. the motor was working top notch and it was smooth with no odd noises coming from it

as soon as i put the door card/trim on it made this loud clicking noise every time it goes up and down

now there’s a big scratch on my window

any ideas why this happened before i pull it apart again

11 minutes ago, The Max said:

Pull it apart again so you can see what is lined up with the scratch. You'll then have a better idea of what it was than non-psychic me.

yeah i was just wondering if anyone’s had the same problem because everything was working before that final piece and it’s rlly annoyed me

Now take a look at your door trim and consider what is sitting halfway across the door.

Those will be your possibilities, as well as something internal, like a loose screw left behind, stone that fell into the seal or even perhaps a dislodged electrical connector or harness clamp.

4 minutes ago, The Max said:

Now take a look at your door trim and consider what is sitting halfway across the door.

Those will be your possibilities, as well as something internal, like a loose screw left behind, stone that fell into the seal or even perhaps a dislodged electrical connector or harness clamp.

i have actually done that already and can’t figure it out. again just asking anyone who’s had the same problem