• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Hi 

Im Matt i bought an R32 gtst a while back, I'm looking for parts to get it running

Eventually i plan to do a barra swap

• Like 1

Welcome. Sounds like a cool project, post it your conversion here, would be good to document it.

You could also start a Barra vs. RB vs. 2JZ "discussion" :P

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Matt-R32-gtst said:

Eventually i plan to do a barra swap

Not if you want it registered perhaps. The engineering would not be fun. Plus the Barra is physically not a good fit in R32s.  Very large in the wrong dimensional directions. Consider an NA V8?

On 20/05/2019 at 9:45 AM, GTSBoy said:

Not if you want it registered perhaps. The engineering would not be fun. Plus the Barra is physically not a good fit in R32s.  Very large in the wrong dimensional directions. Consider an NA v8

There is something else i think would be totally awesome.

There's a company called Zero-EV that have an r32 gtst with a full electric conversion. They modified a tesla model-X engine (custom control module) and gearbox (quafe LSD). I think it makes about 660 hp (or kw?) At the wheels

And that would be totally awesome. They have videos on youtube of the build, the engineering, and then one of it doing a burnout

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 9:33 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Welcome. Sounds like a cool project, post it your conversion here, would be good to document it.

You could also start a Barra vs. RB vs. 2JZ "discussion" :P

It'll be a while before the barra swap happens. But you're right that would be cool.

For now I'd settle for knowing how to use SAU properly. Once i figure that out then I'll think about managing a thread haha