SAU Community

Recommended places in Sydney to service 2008 Skyline 370GT (V36)

protik

Hi guys

Keen to hear where you guys service or recommend servicing the V36 - I am looking for a mechanic for our imported Nissan skyline. Someone who knows about the V36 and can help sourcing parts if needed. We need to replace the breaks at the moment however, local Nissan mechanics at Brookvale don’t seem to know about imported Nissans and hasn't been much of a help. In past we mostly got it serviced at Infiniti Centre at near city (the guys were really helpful getting parts imported / fitted) however that centre closed a few years back.

Thanks!

Any decent mechanic should be able to look after a V36. Just tell them it is a long wheelbase 370Z and they should be okay from a mechanical point of view. Brakes can be a little tricky as there were 3 types of front brake, but it comes down to either single piston, dual piston or the huge 4 pot ones. Each uses different discs.

10 hours ago, protik said:

Hi guys

Keen to hear where you guys service or recommend servicing the V36 - I am looking for a mechanic for our imported Nissan skyline. Someone who knows about the V36 and can help sourcing parts if needed. We need to replace the breaks at the moment however, local Nissan mechanics at Brookvale don’t seem to know about imported Nissans and hasn't been much of a help. In past we mostly got it serviced at Infiniti Centre at near city (the guys were really helpful getting parts imported / fitted) however that centre closed a few years back.

Thanks!

What brakes do you have?
Brake pads and rotors for base model or akebono are super easy to come by.

Just as an example I called up the Infiniti Service Centre Warwick Farm today to book in the car and the feedback (which is similar to what Nissan Brookvale told us as well) was that since it's an imported vehicle they can't use the VIN number to look up which "genuine" parts are needed for the car and hence don't want to go back and forth trialing different parts which is consuming / expensive (they will however service the car if we can source the parts needed first).

Is there an official catalog that lists all the parts for the 2008 Skyline 370GT (V36) so the mechanic knows what to order in? Unfortunately I don't have much experience when it comes to car parts so if any such catalog to provide the mechanic or mechanic recommendation in Sydney that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

2 hours ago, protik said:

Just as an example I called up the Infiniti Service Centre Warwick Farm today to book in the car and the feedback (which is similar to what Nissan Brookvale told us as well) was that since it's an imported vehicle they can't use the VIN number to look up which "genuine" parts are needed for the car and hence don't want to go back and forth trialing different parts which is consuming / expensive (they will however service the car if we can source the parts needed first).

Is there an official catalog that lists all the parts for the 2008 Skyline 370GT (V36) so the mechanic knows what to order in? Unfortunately I don't have much experience when it comes to car parts so if any such catalog to provide the mechanic or mechanic recommendation in Sydney that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

99% of 370z parts are for v36 aswell. 

Or put your chassis numbers into partsouq website and find all the oem parts yourself