SAU Community

R32 GTST Rb2630 engine conversion

R32GTS-t RB25DET

This is based on my own 2630 swap, so some things MIGHT not be covered.

PARTS SHORTLIST:
Rb25 harmonic balancer, ancillaries and brackets (even AC, if you want it), power steering bracket will likely need to be modified (google rb30det guide)
Rb25 OR rb30 sump (either will work fine, though from memory the rb25 sump needs modifying, I've used rb30 sumps multiple times without issue)
R33 Rb25 engine mounts (the metal brackets) SHORTENED by at least 15mm (15mm was just enough for my top mount turbo to clear the bonnet without spacers, 12mm would be fine if using a low mount). Be careful as removing any more then ~12mm from the engine mounts will have a factory rb30 sump pan start poking down lower then the subframe.
R32 gtr rb26 engine harness (don't need the whole engine bay harness + fuse box etc, engine harness is fine)
gtr injector resistor pack (if keeping stock gtr injectors, they're OK for ~280-300rwkw)
If you have rb20 coil packs and ignitor they will plug in and work fine, mine did - and still are.

WIRING:
Pull out the old engine harness, disconnect every plug it goes too gently.
Run the rb26 engine harness the same way around the bay and connect everything you can (should be a few connectors in the passengers footwell, wiper motor, etc)
Near the factory airbox location, there will be 1 plug on your body loom that fits one of the 2 plugs on the rb26 loom, connect it. The other plug will have 8 pins, 6 of which are in the same "segment", those are all of your injector "power" wires. If using high impedance injectors, just run power to these 6 wires, obviously switched with ignition - if your keeping the GTR injectors you'll need to wire in the resistor pack. the resistor pack will have 1 white and 6 black wires, connect the white wire to an ignition switched 12v source, then join each of the black wires to one of the wires in that remaining plug "segment".

Everything in the dash works, no need to swap in a GTR cluster, and the speed dependent power steering also works