SAU Community

BNR32 4wd attesa problem

Hi guys, i have weird problem with the 4wd on my R32. Everytime i restart the car in warm condition the 4WD wont work, light in the dash stays on, computer in the rear says error code 18. I tried restarting the engine several times but it keeps staying on. Only after i let the car cool down completely it will go out like its supposed to. I can also hear (or not hear) the pump working when ignition is on/ making this "click" sound every now and then. The oil in the reservoir is at max.
Does anyone of you have an idea on this? How should the front torque gauge behave in general? Mine only starts moving when i go full throttle and goes to about ~5 on the gauge. The car came from japan bout 2 months ago and is afaik mainly stock, no torque splitter etc.

Cheers Max

Edited by Max32

Find someone with a printer and print off the 800 page manual and study it. Will help you understand your awd system better. I’ve gone through a lot of atessa issues with my car I’ll help out but i suggest using the manual and a good voltage tester. Could save you money from taking to a shop. If you got the cash like gtsboy said take it to a professional and get your car back fixed. 

9 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Owning an R32 GTR without cash these days is just like owning a Porsche 928 without cash. A recipe for a car that never works.

Well yes but some guys have The cash to not even have to diagnose and just drop there car off at a reputable garage. I don’t have a shop within 1000km that knows these cars or do I have lots of cash and my gtr runs great....I take lots of time maintaining it and studying the manual. Don’t need a ton of cash to run a gtr just have to understand it and have some basic tools.

That being said gtsboy you are right you need some good cash to not through cheap parts at the car when it breaks, if you take time and patience and have another daily it’s manageable. 

True prices of parts and the cars alone have leaped forsure. Non the less a little passion and time and patience can still go a long way. Don’t have to be rich to own a gtr m8 just gotta enjoy it and build in moderation and not rape the throttle every five seconds. Since I’ve got mine right hasn’t costed me much at all to drive it especially with premium at a crazy low price and this virus all we have to do is cruise ha. Did you ever solve your issue mate.