SAU Community

Stagea ECU upgrade

Hello chaps, 

Im chasing some opinions. I have a 2000 Series 2 Stagea RS (Factory auto, Manual conversion), Currently running Nistune with flex sensor, making 332rwkw. The time has come to look at aftermarket ECU options, as i feel like i've reached the limit of what Nistune has to offer (could also be the fact that my tuner isn't really interested as he didn't build the car), and also to ditch the auto ECU. Now, i know most of you will tell me to buy what your tuner suggests, but i've ditched my current tuner, and now on the lookout for a new one, and the other good local options all offer tuning on the big brands.

I've been tossing up between the Link GT-T plug in or the Haltech Elite 2000 with harness adapter. My main requirements are Flex fuel, Boost control, Wideband control, Launch control, mafless, EGT monitoring and engine safety control. ECUmaster Black has also crossed my mind, but i don't see much local support.

Does anyone have opinions on the these 2 ECUs? If they are suitable? Other suggestions? all comments appreciated.

Well  I put a Link in my Stagea but apart from the usual functions I just used it for boost control although I believe it is capable of the other tasks that you require. .. but I believe top of the line Haltech will also do what you want.

40 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Well  I put a Link in my Stagea but apart from the usual functions I just used it for boost control although I believe it is capable of the other tasks that you require. .. but I believe top of the line Haltech will also do what you want.

Was yours an factory auto or manual?

28 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Yuh, they will both do the job (although I'm not speaking for the Haltech 2000 specifically. You might or might not need a different model).

But what is your plan for a TCU?

When you say TCU, do you mean Transmission Control Unit?

1 hour ago, Stick180 said:

Was yours an factory auto or manual?

When you say TCU, do you mean Transmission Control Unit?

Mine was a factory auto but converted with GTR gearbox and rear end (I think GTSBoy missed the bit where you had converted to manual).

28 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Ohhh. I only read "to ditch the auto ECU" and being part of the plan.

Ahh. Well, the TCU is part of the reason i want to ditch Nistune. Even with all the auto stuff turned off, i still get TCU/TCM error codes popping up from time to time. 

2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Mine was a factory auto but converted with GTR gearbox and rear end (I think GTSBoy missed the bit where you had converted to manual).

Which link did you end up going with? a plug in or wire in?

Go the link. Easy to use and setup, help file is a lot better than haltech, use any sensor with its own calibration, closed loop boost and Wideband, upto 5d mapping, ethrottle if you want to enable other features like traction & cruise control and don't have to eat kebabs every time you drive the car. 

• Haha 1

On 03/04/2020 at 10:38 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

Go the link. Easy to use and setup, help file is a lot better than haltech, use any sensor with its own calibration, closed loop boost and Wideband, upto 5d mapping, ethrottle if you want to enable other features like traction & cruise control and don't have to eat kebabs every time you drive the car. 

Im leaning towards the Link. They've release the G4X range of plug ins now too.