SAU Community

Hello all the way from Japan

ElPablo

7 hours ago, ElPablo said:

Hello! I'm new to engine building, I hope to learn from you guys. :)

I drive an HR34 all stock.

"To turbo or to stay NA?".

Hi Ivan

The correct answer is to turbo but the real question is do you want the power? There is not much to be gained from a N/A engine without spending serious money but if it meets your needs now you could just make sure you have some decent brakes, tyres and suspension.

On 07/04/2020 at 4:25 AM, KiwiRS4T said:

Hi Ivan

The correct answer is to turbo but the real question is do you want the power? There is not much to be gained from a N/A engine without spending serious money but if it meets your needs now you could just make sure you have some decent brakes, tyres and suspension.

Yes I am going to start by reconditioning the engine, it works really smooth but I want to do the waterpump, timing belt, then suspensions, wheels and brakes. Until then I'm not putting money into the engine just yet. :)

NA is really dying IMO that's why I kinda want to stick with it. 

5 minutes ago, ElPablo said:

Yes I am going to start by reconditioning the engine

I hope you don't mean an engine rebuild - which is what the rest of the world means when "recondition the engine" is said. There should be no need to do that for the next 10 years.

19 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I hope you don't mean an engine rebuild - which is what the rest of the world means when "recondition the engine" is said. There should be no need to do that for the next 10 years.

Sorry, I'm new to this should "refresh" be an appropriate word for what I'm trying to say?