SAU Community

R32 GTS25 RB25de+t using an unchipped RB20det ecu?

So, I found a used ecu fitted with nistune. The guy says he had it on his r33 gtst which from my understanding means that it is either a gtst ecu or a z32 ecu. Would either work for me with remapping? Obviously the r32 one i think would work but what if it is a z32 ecu? 

5 hours ago, zerepdivad said:

So, I found a used ecu fitted with nistune. The guy says he had it on his r33 gtst which from my understanding means that it is either a gtst ecu or a z32 ecu. Would either work for me with remapping? Obviously the r32 one i think would work but what if it is a z32 ecu? 

Z32 is better i think as it has the ability to control VCT.

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Z32 is better i think as it has the ability to control VCT.

While that used to be true, there are other not so good things about that the Z32 ECU that made the R32 nicer to live with. And these days, the new feature packs allow you to do VCT with the R32 ECU.

8 hours ago, zerepdivad said:

Grab it. The r32 one as gtsboy said can control VCT without a switch anymore. You'll need to get a z32 AFM with it and you're good to go.

11 minutes ago, trel said:

You'll need to get a z32 AFM with it and you're good to go

Or, better, get a blade type AFM (such as R35) and the bits needed to fit it to a custom tube, because they are a bazzillion times better than Z32.

• Like 1

Ok, so it looks like it is a z32 ecu by the numbers on the case. Before I buy it, this will work on my r32 non vct engine?(obviously with a remap)  He's asking$150aud which is about $100 USD and that is a good deal for me even with shipping it over from Australia.

IMG_20200502_112630345.jpg

On 30/04/2020 at 8:32 AM, GTSBoy said:

While that used to be true, there are other not so good things about that the Z32 ECU that made the R32 nicer to live with. And these days, the new feature packs allow you to do VCT with the R32 ECU.

With full flex, launch control, 3D boost table, and rudimentary engine protection.

@KiwiRS4T

• 2 months later...

I have almost everything for this project except for an ECU(Australian guy who I was going to buy the nistune fitted ecu from stopped responding), and I also need an intercooler of some sort and piping. I'm tempted just to get a stock side mount setup from someone who has upgraded but I'm not sure yet.  

I actually got in contact with someone on here who had posted about doing the exact thing I was originally wanting to do with running the rb25de+t with the gtst ecu and he had issues.  Makes sense but I figured it was worth a shot asking.  Still looking for a nistune fitted board.  If I don't find one by around October I may just go with a ROM tune since no performance shops around me will tune nistune and I'd have to find someone willing to do a remote tune.