SAU Community

Extra keys and buttons?

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to get confirmation on what’s pictured

Unsure if they’re part of the security system and/or have another function 

I have the instructions and different manuals for the car, but it’s all in Japanese

cheers, 

CDAE903B-BE08-4B85-900B-70BAB5B9D1A0.jpeg

675F0D6F-FC0B-4EF2-9335-CA8943717CB7.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Ben2003350GT
Update

First one looks like a touch immobiliser, used to have something similar on one of my cars in the UK. Fuel pumps didn't energise until I touched the contacts together.

The other one could be a Nissan accessory alarm, that has been hooked into the central locking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that mate, I have just noticed this button with ‘Auto’ on it, I’m guessing its part of the security system as well? 

how do I go about activating the system? Or know if it’s activated? Sorry if it’s a newbie question ? 

602D2B6D-2217-4988-BC7F-1D1F21F6EBE3.jpeg

That looks like an automatic side mirror adjuster so that when you engage your transmission in reverse gear, it automatically positions the mirror to look down at the kerb so you don't eat your rear rim.

Turn it on and try it out next time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nickcorr said:

First one looks like a touch immobiliser, used to have something similar on one of my cars in the UK. Fuel pumps didn't energise until I touched the contacts together.

The other one could be a Nissan accessory alarm, that has been hooked into the central locking.

Hey mate I was able to translate the instructions for the FOB and apparently it’s auto-lock, hold unlock for 5s and it activates it. So no need to lock/unlock my car myself apparently!