SAU Community

Blocked off hose on my intake manifold

rahilp

So I bought and R34 GT-T recently and at the time I didn't notice but today I found a hose on my intake manifold with a screw in it to block it off.

I was wondering what this hose goes to and why the last guy put a screw in it

Theres a blow off valve which uses one of the line to the manifold

95334289_705023243600430_3583151830479142912_n.jpg

Well the correct answer is it doesn't go anywhere. Apart from the big hose that goes to your brake booster you should have a hose to your BOV, one to your FPR, one to your boost gauge (if your car comes with a boost gauge someone might have put an aftermarket one in as well)...there might have been a line going to a boost controller as well before it was realised that was a mistake....

Without checking for myself, I'm almost certain that is the vac feed to the solenoid valve that then goes to the charcoal canister.

I have a question for the OP. Why didn't you just look at the vacuum line diagrams in the workshop manual?

I just had a look on my gtt and it eventually goes to your charcoal canister. Here’s pics from mine (hose goes underneath the crossover pipe)

284ED63F-78C6-47BA-B27C-05F40BD38E5F.jpeg

7EC0198E-CE7F-473B-8AAA-C703EB307A8E.jpeg

Edited by IM-32-FK

1 hour ago, IM-32-FK said:

I just had a look on my gtt and it eventually goes to your charcoal canister. Here’s pics from mine (hose goes underneath the crossover pipe)

284ED63F-78C6-47BA-B27C-05F40BD38E5F.jpeg

7EC0198E-CE7F-473B-8AAA-C703EB307A8E.jpeg

Thank you so much mate