SAU Community

Please help identify my R33

Hey people! 

I've recently bought this 1996 series 2 R33 GTST sedan. 

When the guy was selling it, he advertised it as 'm-spec' 

A bit of study & I've realised there is no such thing. Rather 'M model' 

But the body kit I have on my car still doesn't match up when I search online for it. Any info on what particular model I have (If any) would be appreciated. 

I bought it for $9700, 111xxxkm, manual, complete stock, zero rust etc..  very well kept. 

Thanks for reading!

IMG_20200506_235454_736.jpg

IMG_20200513_131936_877.jpg

IMG_20200513_160833_253.jpg

20200503_120729.jpg

• Like 1

As per the link, all R33 GTS25t are Type M. There was only a difference in R32 GTSt models.

Front bar looks like standard series 1 with foglights to me (in good conition BTW) but I'm not a bodykit trainspotter. BTW not factory dash, so unlikely to be correct KLM.

Plus, I like the stagea better anyway :)

Thanks for that info! I did find my exact model through the link posted above. It was just the front end that didn't make sense to me. But thanks to Duncan, I think I know whats going on. 

As for the dash, I'm pretty sure its some shitty cheap sticker over the top. Looks very tacky, not lined up properly to the needle holder thing. The engine & condition reflect on the kms.. all original hoses, air filter, hose clamps. All had original paint dots on the hoses/clamps still. Can never be 100% certain these days though . 

As for the stagea,  shes been defected ?

20200428_164600.jpg

I also have a factory manual R33 Series II sedan in KR4 Silver - welcome to the sedan club.

The front and rear bars and the rear wing are standard for that model as are the fog lights/indicators.

As a Series II it will also have front turning lights that come on when the headlights are on and you use the indicators. The other challenge is that because it has Series II headlights it has a unique radiator support panel that is different to every other R33.

You are also right about the stickers over the factory gauges.

Thanks Victory! Never thought I'd be a fan of the R33 sedans, but this model just looks a lot nicer & sharp..? Opposed to the other 33 sedans anyway. 

As for the gauges, I'd like to get them back to normal. Hoping thats a thing that can be done anyway. Otherwise someone local is selling a manual cluster with only 4000kms more than my own