SAU Community

Acceleration rwd

AssumIng you have two cars one with 4wd and one rwd, if you could overcome grip issue would 4wd and rwd have same acceleration givrn engine hp and weight is same?

Also does anyone here drive 700+ rb25? Is it laggy on 2.5 engine?

i wonder why i didn't change my bottom end to 3 liter to get much better torque and smaller lag

For instance i wonder how a 2 liter evo can get 0-60 on 3.4 sec with 2 liter engine

lag will be huge and need 3 sec to get to the rev band

i am interested as no matter what power, R34 with 2.5 engine struggles to get low 0-60

also what is correlation between engine size and fuel consumption. Me thinking engine of 2.5 should consume much smaller fuel than 4.4

my m5 consumes less With 560 than the r34

i can only think of new technology and extreme precision on mapping but still there is almost 2 liter difference and fuel usage is same

Edited by drifter17a

All things being equal 4wd will always have better grip than 2wd

Fuel consumption is a function of power, weight (total work done) and efficiency.

In my view especially for a road car an RB30  is going to be better than an RB25 or even 26 or 28.

I have seen torque amp which is 48v turbo proving around 4 psi so it seems to match torque at very low rpm to what you achieve at 3.5k rpm hence boosting street acceleration 

i am done spending more money on rb25 as it is laggy so think if I put a top mount turbo with bigger turbo it will make acceleration even slower as boost will kick in around 4k

If your RB25 is in good condition consider getting a turbo from Hypergear. Read through some of his last few pages to see the results he is getting from his cost effective turbos.

But if its in need of a rebuild consider an RB30. With better than 9:1 compression you will get better pickup even off boost.

5 hours ago, drifter17a said:

lag will be huge and need 3 sec to get to the rev band

When launching a car the revs will be high and the turbo will then be able to make boost pretty quick, but the most obvious thing is a car doing that kind of time would be using launch control and making boost with the clutch disengaged before launching= no lag at all. Rolling on throttle is a different story.

You should have put a supercharged v8 in the car.

8 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

When launching a car the revs will be high and the turbo will then be able to make boost pretty quick, but the most obvious thing is a car doing that kind of time would be using launch control and making boost with the clutch disengaged before launching= no lag at all. Rolling on throttle is a different story.

You should have put a supercharged v8 in the car.

Actually I have been looking at getting an M35 Stagea and an LS engine is looking more attractive than VH41 or VK56.

LS1 might be cheaper but VK56 is a pretty nice engine :) The good folks at harrop do a suitable kit.

And you wont be happy with an M35 after having had a good C34 for a while, just look at all those posts over the years. They are not the same animals at all.