SAU Community

Skyline Vq25dd Loss Of Power On Acceleration

I am a new member and looking forward to your assistance.I have a 2004 Nissan Skyline 250 GT V6 Petrol.I imported the car from Japan in July 2013 with 60000km on the clock.I am having some acceleration and loss of power problems.You can only accelerate smoothly to a certain speed.If you want rapid acceleration by forcing the pedal down it jerks badly trying to go forward but does not increase speed Have taken the car for a scan and faulty codes P1110 and P1130 were detected.The car was then serviced,new oil,filters and the intake valve timing control solenoid valves for both banks opened for inspection.After service we tried to reset the fault but failed to clear.I have contacted Japan Nissan spares companies for the intake timing solenoid valves but they are charging me US900.00 for each cam sprocket cover and pulley kit.They dont sell the valves alone.So for the 2 will require US1800.00 besides freight and duty.Could this be the real problem and is it possible for me to get the timing valves alone.

post-138154-0-50066400-1420977760_thumb.jpg

unless someone here already knows the part number, see what you can find on http://nissan.epc-data.com/ or even if you can convince Nissan to give you the part numbers, Amayama will be much cheaper to buy the genuine parts from.

Is it only under acceleration? cruising at any speed and it drives fine?

Did you find out what the error codes point towards?

Thanks Leroy.It drives fine without rapid acceleration but looses power when going uphill.Going uphill you can even take the accelerator right down.Code P1110 is for the Intake valve timing control solenoid valves which my mechanic says are the ones with picture I attached and P1130 is the Swirl Control valve.I am an electrician by profession and to me those are just coils both giving me the same resistance of 10.2 Ohms when I measured them with a multimeter.Has anyone measured the resistance of these coils maybe might help or will have to check on another vehicle.Let me check Amayama.

Hmmm I had a similar problem on my Mondeo, was fine when cruising and low accel, when flooring it it jumped and jerked everywhere. Turned out that a spark plug was not sparking correctly and jumping down the side of the plug, or something along the lines of this. A new set of plugs fixed the problem immediately.

However, if you are throwing a code, best to fix this, rather than having more significant problems later down the line

Hey KWESHAZ, I am having very similar issues on my '01 250gt. I only just bought the car (with the problem), its throwing codes p1110 (intake valve timing control solenoid) and p0340 (cam pos sensor)

I have replaced both cam pos sensors and the crank angle sensor without any luck.

If you make some progress please do update the thread.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I hadn't same problem with my 350gt.

I had just cleaned my k&n air filter and I used to much oil on the filter and some got on the air flow meter.

Gave it a clean and it was fixed.

Thanks Leroy.It drives fine without rapid acceleration but looses power when going uphill.Going uphill you can even take the accelerator right down.Code P1110 is for the Intake valve timing control solenoid valves which my mechanic says are the ones with picture I attached and P1130 is the Swirl Control valve.I am an electrician by profession and to me those are just coils both giving me the same resistance of 10.2 Ohms when I measured them with a multimeter.Has anyone measured the resistance of these coils maybe might help or will have to check on another vehicle.Let me check Amayama.

The assembly that fails is the mechanical one behind that, not much chance the coil is damaged. There are multiple threads on the cam advance unit failing, have you checked them out?

• 3 weeks later...

The assembly that fails is the mechanical one behind that, not much chance the coil is damaged. There are multiple threads on the cam advance unit failing, have you checked them out?

Tried serching but cant find anything on this topic? Care to point me in the right direction? Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo guys.Sorry for coming back late with the feedback.The thing is I dont use the car on a daily basis since I work on a 6/2 fly in fly out in Mozambique but based in Zimbabwe. Like scotty nm35 I was also doubting failure of those coils.I have recently taken the car for scanning and Code P1130 is the one coming out now. They said its the Swirl control valve.

Can anyone tell me where Swirl control valve is located on a Nissan Skyline 250GT.(or sent me pictures of its location).Are there any means of testing that valve.

I believe they are located inside the plenum, in the tops of the runners. They block off one runner on each cyl for a span of rpms. My guess, and it just a guess, is that the massive buildup of crap in the inlet plenum has jammed or damaged the control mechanism. Take it apart, clean it, and reset the code. See what happens. I don't know how they are activated, someone with a DD should chim in. Electronic, or vacuum?

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo guys I am back again.Can anyone assist me with the role played by the 2 solenoid valves (attached)(one brown and the other green) found in front of a VQ25DD engine.

I tested the valve terminals with a multimeter and the green one has a resistance of 30 Ohms but the brown one is open.post-138154-0-21822000-1430333786_thumb.jpgpost-138154-0-85655800-1430333826_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hallo Hallo Guys.I am so happy to let you know that the loss of power on acceleration is now over. I bought the 2 solenoid valves (shown in my last post) from Japan, fitted them and then took the car to a diagnostic machine to have the engine light cleared.The car is now perfect.I am so happy because I did a lot of research on this issue.I would like to thank you all who contributed to my topic.I would also like to thank the clubskyline.russia website for I got a lot of very helpful information from there.This loss of power on acceleration issue has been resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So the solenoid was blocked or faulty stopping the intake flap from opening in the runners? Personally I would have ditched them, or wired the flaps open.

what are the benefits, repercussions of doing this scotty? i have thought of doing this myself however i read that they were used to disrupt the airflow at low revs to enable better burning of the fuel, is this correct?

I brought a 2001 250gt about a month ago, didn't have as much power as i thought it would and after running a full tank through it i found it had really rubbish fuel economy, striped the plenum and swirl valves and cleaned them, cacked with buildup, and has been running like gold ever since, the change was drastic. i wounder how many people have rubbished these cars simply because no one ever maintained them properly.

• Like 1