SAU Community

98 er34 skyline 25gt clutch

looking for a good clutch kit, (pressure plate, friction disc, bearing etc) for a 1998 ER34 25 GT skyline 2 door. has the stock 5 speed trans and rear end but engine has been swapped from the stock RB25DE to a RB25DET

looking at this would it fit correctly?

CLUTCHMAX STAGE 2 HD CLUTCH KIT for NISSAN SKYLINE JDM RB20DET RB25DE RB25DET

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLUTCHMAX-STAGE-2-HD-CLUTCH-KIT-for-NISSAN-SKYLINE-JDM-RB20DET-RB25DE-RB25DET/132706570255

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

er34 25gt skylines with neo engine have the same 5 speed trans as er34 gtt skylines with neo turbo engines?

No. The NA box is a skinny little twig. The turbo box is huge. But you can put RB clutches on RBs of any stripe.

By the way. That (eBay clutch) is the cheapest, nastiest looking thing I have ever seen. Spend a thousand $$.

ok so the actual transmission (gear box, what ever you call it) is different from a RB25de 25gt NA model and a GTT RB25det turbo model, but any clutch will fit? so I can get a clutch kit that is listed for a GTT R34  and it will fit my trans?

Edited by JC71

The R34 GT (non turbo) gearbox is essentially an RB20 gearbox, very weak and uses a push type clutch. 

The R34 GTT gearbox is exactly the same as an RB25DET gearbox, but uses a pull type clutch. 

If you are planning on changing to an R34 GTT gearbox/driveline at any point, then don't upgrade the clutch for your current gearbox - it won't be a direct swap without converting the GTT gearbox to a push type clutch.

can any one define what parts and what makes it actually "stronger"

or is it just simply less prone to break when abused?

Edited by JC71

4 hours ago, JC71 said:

can any one define what parts and what makes it actually "stronger"

or is it just simply less prone to break when abused?

It is heaps bigger. Gears, shafts, bearings.

no matter which trans and therefore push or pull style I end up going with, what is anyone's experience with the brand SPEC for clutches?

or one they can recommend for essential a "stage 1 clutch", looking for stock or a little better, do want to keep the pedal feel as soft and easy /close to stock feel.

Ur small box from the gt is push type the big box from the Gtt  is pull type, i used spec 6puck stage 3 and still very happy 

Edited by Dil-Dog