SAU Community

N1 side skirt fitting

I have just purchased some genuine N1 skirts and am waiting until lockdown is over and I’ll get them painted.

Question.... when I remove my other skirts will I need a clip kit or will double sided tape up the top be enough to stick to the body. I can obviously get fixings underneath but I’m more curious about the part in front of the rear wheel, and fixing to the body.Has anyone fitted them and have advice. They cost me a mint so I want a perfect finish.

Cheers

I know what you're talking about. I have them on my 32, and yes you do need double sided tape on the genuine Nismo rear guard upper area. Also interestingly, there is a difference in the underneath screws between stock and Nismo within Nissan fast. I believe they are longer, and I'm sure the Kudos assembled kit is the stock length.

I have a set of Nismo skirts as well...but from my quick look it seems the holes in the chassis are different between the standard and nismo bodies?

Just didn't seem to line up at all for me.

8 hours ago, Matty George said:

Thanks BK. What fixing did you use them? I’m putting these on my 32 as well. Obviously you fix the front and rear first then the middle is an easy application. 

Use the 3M acrylic automotive black tape, it what Nissan uses anyway. Don't use that white or clear shit. The middle side skirt goes on first from memory, but it's all pretty obvious when doing it if it's right. Mine actually came with car 12 years ago, but I have had them off for painting before. Also have the genuine rear behind guard pods / spats.

4 hours ago, Tenny said:

I have a set of Nismo skirts as well...but from my quick look it seems the holes in the chassis are different between the standard and nismo bodies?

Just didn't seem to line up at all for me.

I'm pretty sure the holes are not different. I'll check this weekend when I'm back from work, as the old man has his genuine standard GTR skirts off of his car at the moment, so I'll be able to compare his against mine against both chassis'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 4:10 PM, BK said:

Use the 3M acrylic automotive black tape, it what Nissan uses anyway. Don't use that white or clear shit. The middle side skirt goes on first from memory, but it's all pretty obvious when doing it if it's right. Mine actually came with car 12 years ago, but I have had them off for painting before. Also have the genuine rear behind guard pods / spats.

I'm pretty sure the holes are not different. I'll check this weekend when I'm back from work, as the old man has his genuine standard GTR skirts off of his car at the moment, so I'll be able to compare his against mine against both chassis'.

Bump. Cheers Bk