SAU Community

Checklist for R33 Rear Subframe

So guys i need some help with the rear subframe assembly for the r33 GTS-T. I just picked up an r33 shell and it comes with the R33 rear subframe, but im having trouble with knowing exactly what to purchase for the subframe, could any of you guys just give me a little checklist to write down so i know what to buy for it. Im relatively new to this stuff, so take it easy on me haha.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

What do you want to but for it? Paint? Bushes? Arms? Brakes? Diff? Driveshafts? Earth straps?

Well the rear subframe is bare, so i'm looking to do the whole lot, paint, bushes, arms, brakes, rods etc; apart from the diff and driveshaft. Also, what are earth straps if you don't mind me asking haha?

Thank you for replying

So you don't even have hubs? Well, the list is easy. You need everything that you can't see.

Earth straps are exactly what they sound like. Braided wire strap with eyelet crimped on each end. Used for linking things like subframes to the chassis for electrical continuity purposes.

11 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

So you don't even have hubs? Well, the list is easy. You need everything that you can't see.

Earth straps are exactly what they sound like. Braided wire strap with eyelet crimped on each end. Used for linking things like subframes to the chassis for electrical continuity purposes.

Yeah i pretty much have nothing. The problem is, i dont know the exact names of everything i cant see haha, could you just point me in the right direction or provide a little list if thats all goods. 

You need, at least;

Knuckles/uprights, lower control arms, upper control arms, traction rods, dampers, springs, hubs, brakes, subframe to chassis bushes, diff bushes, handbrake cables, hydraulic brake lines, upper and lower balljoints, wheel bearings, any bushes that don't come with whatever arms you buy.

You quite possibly need all the fasterners for subframe to chassis, diff to subframe, arms to subframe, brakes to uprights.

You can buy aftermarket arms, brakes, bushes etc, but you will need original parts for a lot of the above list.

You probably should just buy a complete subframe, with suspension arms etc, to make sure you can get your hands on all the things that you don't have that you probably can't easily get individually.

3 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

You need, at least;

Knuckles/uprights, lower control arms, upper control arms, traction rods, dampers, springs, hubs, brakes, subframe to chassis bushes, diff bushes, handbrake cables, hydraulic brake lines, upper and lower balljoints, wheel bearings, any bushes that don't come with whatever arms you buy.

You quite possibly need all the fasterners for subframe to chassis, diff to subframe, arms to subframe, brakes to uprights.

You can buy aftermarket arms, brakes, bushes etc, but you will need original parts for a lot of the above list.

You probably should just buy a complete subframe, with suspension arms etc, to make sure you can get your hands on all the things that you don't have that you probably can't easily get individually.

Thank you very much for that list. Well if the price is right and i have enough money, i am willing to pay for complete subframe. Thanks again mate.

Are you building it back to standard or did you want to modify/improve it? 
Im building a rear end for my R32. I’m using Whiteline bushes and sway bar, GSB hubs and hard race adjustable arms, that is, lower control arm, camber arms and traction rods. I’m not sure if your car has HICAS but Ive ordered the GK Tech hicas elimination kit for mine 

3 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Are you building it back to standard or did you want to modify/improve it? 
Im building a rear end for my R32. I’m using Whiteline bushes and sway bar, GSB hubs and hard race adjustable arms, that is, lower control arm, camber arms and traction rods. I’m not sure if your car has HICAS but Ive ordered the GK Tech hicas elimination kit for mine 

Hey mate, well I really just want to take it back to standard and maybe improve a few things here and there, but keep it relatively stock. I’m trying to build my R33 as a daily driver/good street car that I could take to a track or race if I felt like it, if you know what I mean.

anything else to add to the checklist old man 32 Gtr?

The gsb hubs are fairly cheap and come complete with studs, bearing etc, so is worth doing, if you’re going to track it, you should get the adjustable arms, the hard race stuff is fairly cheap, but just Jap do their own called zzs or zzr, something like that, I’ve heard it’s made at the same factory as the hard race stuff but it’s a little cheaper. 
best thing is go through that parts list shooter posted and start looking up stuff and see what options you have for your car. If you get stuck or are unsure about something, ask here, someone will be able to help 

770A3A0C-ED8F-4F5A-BA9F-59F123DE8759.jpeg

AA0316B6-E260-4762-B795-0746ECD81EAD.jpeg

E8B5D40F-E0A4-4548-ADAB-9A2A380A88E6.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

The gsb hubs are fairly cheap and come complete with studs, bearing etc, so is worth doing, if you’re going to track it, you should get the adjustable arms, the hard race stuff is fairly cheap, but just Jap do their own called zzs or zzr, something like that, I’ve heard it’s made at the same factory as the hard race stuff but it’s a little cheaper. 
best thing is go through that parts list shooter posted and start looking up stuff and see what options you have for your car. If you get stuck or are unsure about something, ask here, someone will be able to help 

770A3A0C-ED8F-4F5A-BA9F-59F123DE8759.jpeg

AA0316B6-E260-4762-B795-0746ECD81EAD.jpeg

E8B5D40F-E0A4-4548-ADAB-9A2A380A88E6.jpeg

Okay thank you very much for the info, I’ll definitely make sure to look through that list. Thank you very much