SAU Community

R33 GTST MSPEC ACTIVE LSD NEED HELP!

I need help with what I should do with my diff it’s a Active LSD with a altessa pump system. It singles and I want to to double what can I do with this diff bleed it, weld it, get it shimmed, block off the altessa system? Idk what to do please help as I want to use my car for drifting / road use 

ED4A9BE0-CB2D-4F98-AC10-D1B228CC45DB.png

DA65F540-8338-471B-B2E0-B186A5B5BC89.png

1 minute ago, BK said:

So you didn't go and read about the active LSD as I suggested in the other thread ? In the drivetrain section there is a whole thread stickied at the top on the thing.

I could not find it sorry new to this site I’ll have another look

Basically you options are to bleed it and get it working back to factory 100%, or replace the entire housing, centre and driveshaft axles to go to any type of mechanical LSD. As mentioned earlier, ALL 33 and 34 GTR v spec have this type of diff too.

1 minute ago, BK said:

Basically you options are to bleed it and get it working back to factory 100%, or replace the entire housing, centre and driveshaft axles to go to any type of mechanical LSD. As mentioned ALL 33 and 34 GTR v spec have this type of diff.

Could I weld it ?

It actually astounds me that no one has ever produced a readily available LSD centre to go into the viscous LSD housing (unless I've missed something???).  A mechanical LSD diff housing is worth the GDP of a small African nation nowadays whereas a viscous LSD diff is worth a packet of Tim Tams and maybe a sneaky wristy no spit.  The person who makes it happen economically is going to make a lot of money and all of a sudden a near worthless hunk of boat anchor is worth money again!

If it's welded you could do nothing else as it's no going to "actuate' anything.

35 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

It actually astounds me that no one has ever produced a readily available LSD centre to go into the viscous LSD housing (unless I've missed something???).  A mechanical LSD diff housing is worth the GDP of a small African nation nowadays whereas a viscous LSD diff is worth a packet of Tim Tams and maybe a sneaky wristy no spit.  The person who makes it happen economically is going to make a lot of money and all of a sudden a near worthless hunk of boat anchor is worth money again!

I know right ? I'd be the first one to get one for the v spec !

20 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

No. Not right.

There is little difference between VLSD and mech LSD (and in fact, the open diffs in NA cars etc) when it comes to the housing. There are literally dozens of mech LSD options for VLSD diffs. All of the usual suspects (Cusco, KAAZ, Nismo, etc etc, and many more) have mech diff replacements for VLSD and open R200 centres.

The only mech diff centres on any R chassis cars were the GTR 2-way mechanicals. And I suppose the helical diffs on some R34s can be consider mechanical too, just not in the same way. That's why they are rare and expensive.

What there is not, is something to easily put a mech centre into one of the ACTIVE diffs from the M-specs and V-spec GTRs. Because they make it difficult, and there was only a small number of them, and there are other diffs you can grab to put in their place.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

It actually astounds me that no one has ever produced a readily available LSD centre to go into the viscous LSD housing (unless I've missed something???).  

Wut? ..you're not including mechanicals i'm assuming.

39 minutes ago, tainer33 said:

If I welded it would I just put a bolt into the whole that the altessa bolts into?

I doubt that you could weld it. It's got hydraulic actuated clutches inside it and other shenanigans. Plugging up the hole where you pulled a hydraulic line out of it is the least of your worries!

And it is not altessa either. It's ATTESA. And what you have is not ATTESA. It is just active diff bullshit. ATTESA is 4WD. Which you don't have.

1 hour ago, Shoota_77 said:

Sorry gents, I have to clarify.  I've been talking about diffs for the GT-R.  I don't know of an aftermarket mechanical centre for those.

Yeah, but still. GTRs only have 2 sorts of diffs.

The normal one is mechanical 2-way. No reason to talk about that any more.

The other is NOT a VLSD. It is the active diff. The V-spec diff. You are right, there are no mech centres to replace those, but there's also not very many of them out there, so why would anyone bother putting the effort into developing product?

51 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

those, but there's also not very many of them out there

I haven't looked on GTR registry for exact numbers, but that is far from correct. Off the top of my head about half of the 33 GTR is v spec with active LSD and in 34 GTR most of them have the active LSD. It is heaps rarer to have a 34 GTR with a non active mechanical LSD.

Yep, every one of these 34 GTR v spec, v spec ii,  N1, m spec and Nur spec have them. Even the halo Z tune has it, "specially tuned" as Nismo puts it.

Good in theory.

32 v specs 1 + 2 have the goods with the 31 spline mechanical LSD.

Yeah can't believe there is no a-lsd mechanical centre replacements after 25 years, they would sell like hot cakes