SAU Community

Question about r34 interior lights and bulb sizes

IM-32-FK

Hey all, 

there are a few interior bits for the r34 skyline that I need advice on:

- Cigarette lighter socket. What size does it use? Also in the pic I posted, I’m assuming the bulb goes in there?(smaller black bit of cig socket)

-ashtray. I heard the ashtray is supposed to have a light in there, and it makes senses because on the side of it there is a little glass window. But I don’t see any light sockets and wires running to the ashtray. 

- Glovebox. What size does it use? And is the socket located above the glovebox when you open it, that little white square with two tabs on it?

- Ignition Barrel light. What size bulb does it use? 

- The buttons underneath the steering wheel, such as headlight angel adjustment and fog lights etc... Are they meant to light up? If so, what size bulb do they use?

- Drivers window switch panel. Only the driver side window switch lights up, the rest of the buttons don’t. Are they all meant to light up? Also what size bulb?

-Passenger side window switch. Is it meant to light up? If so, what size bulb?

- regarding the climate control. When you have ignition ON, are the lights meant light up on the climate control? Because right now they only light up when I turn my headlights on with the stalk. I’m just wondering if the climate control is getting dimmed when I turn my headlights on.

Thank you

F4CFA53A-E7FC-48D8-B6F9-BB8F1EAFE49F.jpeg

The ashtray body is probably common across a bunch of Nissans of the era and so all have the window even if only Maximas etc might have gotten a light to shine through it. Also, who cares about an ashtray light anyway?

Your assumption about the light location for the cig socket is correct.

25 minutes ago, phelbas said:

my GTR has no ignition barrel light. The ring is opaque plastic

That’s strange, since my GTT does have a light, I just want to change it to a brighter white light. Also I’m pretty sure your ignition barrel on the gtr is meant to have a light, because at night it’ll make it much easier to feed the key into the barrel 

14 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

The ashtray body is probably common across a bunch of Nissans of the era and so all have the window even if only Maximas etc might have gotten a light to shine through it. Also, who cares about an ashtray light anyway

Well at night it would be easier to ash into the ashtray. I actually use my ashtray for cigarettes so it’ll make it easier to ash into it rather than Accidentally getting the ash around it

You can buy an LED converted ignition barrel ring I picked up from a wrecker on gumtree if you like.  I'll charge you only what I paid for it. It has a blue LED in there, it was modded by someone from the old incandescent fitment.

For whatever reason this convenience feature was not on r34 GTRs.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, GTSBoy said:

STOP SMOKING IN YOUR CAR!

I’ll do whatever I damn please I’m my car😂

On 12/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, phelbas said:

You can buy an LED converted ignition barrel ring I picked up from a wrecker on gumtree if you like.  I'll charge you only what I paid for it. It has a blue LED in there, it was modded by someone from the old incandescent fitment.

For whatever reason this convenience feature was not on r34 GTRs.

is it at least ‘glow in the dark’ kinda thing so it ‘lights up’ at night?

Can’t you just put a led bulb into the socket? Pretty sure you can since you can do it with all the other sockets. I’ll look into it, if I can’t I’ll grab it off yah mate. Is it plug and play or requires some modding?cheers👍

Edited by IM-32-FK