SAU Community

Making an R33 GTR 2 wheel drive

Hi all, Iam a new member to this forum and live all the way up north in Atherton ( 120 kms West of Cairns!). I own a R33 GTR V-spec and am keen to set up a system that allows rear wheel drive operation for dyno days we have up here (Only two wheel dynos are used!).

Competition is not that feirce and with a newly acquired Trust turbo set - up I think I can place well in the 6 Cyl category.

Problem is no - one can tell me how to do this! I know R33's dont have a quick fix solution (Fuse out like in R32s) and Iam dying to find out - can anyone help me! Thanks for all advice.

Hi all, Iam a new member to this forum and live all the way up north in Atherton ( 120 kms West of Cairns!). I own a R33 GTR V-spec and am keen to set up a system that allows rear wheel drive operation for dyno days we have up here (Only two wheel dynos are used!).

Competition is not that feirce and with a newly acquired Trust turbo set - up I think I can place well in the 6 Cyl category.

Problem is no - one can tell me how to do this! I know R33's dont have a quick fix solution (Fuse out like in R32s) and Iam dying to find out - can anyone help me! Thanks for all advice.

You need to remove the front driveshaft on R33, if you plan to run them on 2WD Dyno's..take about 10mins on a hoist. But I don't think it's so much a good idea if you plan to drive around without the fron shaft.. maybe ask SAU member "scotsman", as he's driven around woithout one for some time.

Are you the ones that owns the shell petrol station in atherton??

I was up in Atherton last year for around 6 months working on the Tinaroo Dam Power Station :D

Hey there

There was something in the R33 Service Manual PDF about making the 4wd into a 2wd by disconnecting some vaccum thing near the fusebox? I cant remember.. I'll see what I can dig up..

edit - here we go - anyone given it a try? :)

i thought it worked on a fuse relay? take out the fuse and instant RWD? .... far as i know at autosalon that GTR ran a 4wd run then a 2WD in one "session"

MT

On the R33 you must remove the front driveshaft, dont try and trick the ATTESSA system by not flowing power into the front wheels as this will build up hydraulic clutch pressure and result is a screwed up transfer case.